Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remus

Yoshimura

Both +10 for style points.. My question?
Do we know if one is better for performance vs the other?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Remus seems to have a richer tone.

·
Registered
628 Posts
To me the fmf exhaust still has the best tone, afterall it is a 250 and we know how much history fmf has with honda 250's.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
My mate had the Remus.

It was LOUD.

Sound wasn't anything special. Haven't heard the Yoshi in real life, but for me, LOUD pipes and a single cylinder thumper just don't go together well.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
If you must buy these loud crappy pipes.. make an insert.
I'll post up pics of the Akra's insert one day.. its very simple and it works.
NOBODY likes loud little 250's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pipes are not about loud or the way they sound.

They are about PERFORMANCE.

A great performing pipe will sound great.

M4, best pipe for the money. period.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My mate had the Remus.

It was LOUD.

Sound wasn't anything special. Haven't heard the Yoshi in real life, but for me, LOUD pipes and a single cylinder thumper just don't go together well.
Yeah thats what I've found too. I'm hoping someone finds out a way to do it right. If I wanted my bike to sound like a dirt bike I would've bought one. This 250 is letting me down exhaust-wise

·
Registered
724 Posts
Took the bike for a 1.5 hr ride today which is tough since our winters dont end till July. Had earplugs and the stock pipe. Plenty loud, any louder and I would write to Honda to let them know it.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Took the bike for a 1.5 hr ride today which is tough since our winters dont end till July. Had earplugs and the stock pipe. Plenty loud, any louder and I would write to Honda to let them know it.
now that im looking at it again the yoshimura doesn't sound too bad, i might look into getting one of those
Good luck its going to be annoying loud. Get some ear plugs

1 - 20 of 22 Posts