Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. Jut got a 2012 CBR250R. The fairing connections are cracked off in a few places and the fairing has big gaps around the headlight. I want to get the bike looking good in the least expensive way possible. I was thinking of either trying to repair the failings or taking the fairings off and replacing the headlight with a classic looking round headlight. I have seen other "naked" modifications of this bike and I like the look, but there may be a lot of expensive work involved that I may not be aware of...like new instrument cluster, handlebars, etc. Does anyone know what might be involved in changing the headlight to a round one? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
638 Posts
New to the forum. Jut got a 2012 CBR250R. The fairing connections are cracked off in a few places and the fairing has big gaps around the headlight. I want to get the bike looking good in the least expensive way possible. I was thinking of either trying to repair the failings or taking the fairings off and replacing the headlight with a classic looking round headlight. I have seen other "naked" modifications of this bike and I like the look, but there may be a lot of expensive work involved that I may not be aware of...like new instrument cluster, handlebars, etc. Does anyone know what might be involved in changing the headlight to a round one? Any other suggestions?
Hi, I can help you search for videos on youtube, but it seems to me that it is better to disassemble the plastic parts, see what is broken, and what can be fixed with:
  • glue?
  • screws?
  • zippers?
and this also:
  • maybe a structure metal parts that need alignment?
  • It may be worthwhile to order second-hand plastic parts from E-BAY?
because that seems to me the shortest and cheapest way.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
638 Posts
I have seen other "naked" modifications of this bike and I like the look, but there may be a lot of expensive work involved that I may not be aware of...like new instrument cluster, handlebars, etc.
YES there will be a lot of expensive work involved!
YES it is possible to stay with the existing instrument cluster,
as in the following wonderful examples:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts