Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost my main key today (did eventually find it after tearing my house apart) and i thought "wow, might not be bad to have 3 copies instead of 2 just in case". My Toyota came with 3 but is harder to lose cause i have other keys and crap on there. A bike key is an easy thing to lose... I dont keep anything else on my motorcycles key ring cause i dont want stuff smacking around on the finish of the bike. Question is.... what key blanks work?
This is the part # i have found for blanks: HO35121-MAS-G01 (see pic). I have yet to confirm if that is the correct one but it looks identical in every way (same grooves, notches are the same, rubber piece is the same). I assume there is no chip in this key. Anyone confirm a blank key # yet or go another route to get an extra copy (ie. a dealer or hardware store).

·
Registered
999 Posts
The blank I got for my Keyport slide was an HD109. I can't confirm that it's the exact same blank as the OEM but I can confirm that it works.
It seems to work just as well as the original.

What you have will probably work. My Honda car has two spares made from two different blanks. I'd take it to a locksmith and let him have a look.

On Edit: I re read. I thought you already had the blank. If you take your key to a locksmith (not inside a hardware store) they can match up a blank in the blink of an eye.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts