Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for replacement tires. Been looking around on the net and the back tire seems to be a less available size. I want a matching set. So far I have only found the stock IRC's. Dunlop or Pirelli would be nice.:confused:

·
Registered
129 Posts
as long its stay fit with the wheels, its not a problem. usually around (size) 110-120 in front and 140-160 in back.
and the tires manufacture that can be fit in are (that i know of): Michelin Pilot, Bridgestone (almost all serial: bt45, 90, 92), Pirelli Sport Demon or Angel series. but i'm not fond of Dunlop tires. cause it's got hard compound, good for the long years but not too much on the grip.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I just ordered Pirelli Sport Demon, $120 and $140 from the shop. You can find them cheaper, but the shop gives me some deals and is easier. I used the mt75 which is also an excellent tire and is available in the cbr250 sizes, it's a little less expensive. I rode all through the winter on the mt75, and we have some really wet, slimy conditions. I hope the sport demons are as good in the wet, the tread looks better.

For me I get most value from good tires. I consider the ride to be all about the tires. So, the better the skins, the more fun I have.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just raced with Bridgestone BT-003RS street/track tires and they are great! They come in the correct size too.

Here's what I mean by great... great grip, great wear. The track I raced at (Nelson Ledges) is a 2-mile track with 13 turns. My lap times were 1:29s, which translates to an average speed of 81mph. Those Bridgestones stuck to the asphalt like glue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep, BT-003RS are a great tyre. I've got them on my 250RR and absolutely love them.

Basically any tyres that come in 110 front and 140 rear will fit, for instance bridgestone bt-45's are good, as are pirelli sport demons. if you want something sticky go for either bridgestone bt-003rs's as mentioned, or the dunlop alpha-10's (although they will wear a lot faster than the 003's).

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just raced with Bridgestone BT-003RS street/track tires and they are great! They come in the correct size too.

Here's what I mean by great... great grip, great wear. The track I raced at (Nelson Ledges) is a 2-mile track with 13 turns. My lap times were 1:29s, which translates to an average speed of 81mph. Those Bridgestones stuck to the asphalt like glue.
Good info. Have you done any suspension mods yet or are you still running a stock setup?

I might check out a set of Continental Road Attack 2's using the 150/70 on the rear.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just received my Pirelli Diablo Super Corsa, 110 front, 150 rear, the people I know running in the 250 class really like this tire over the other manufacturer's...

We are testing a new set of Dunlop's, race series tire, hopefully have some good results with them this coming weekend

·
745 Posts
kvr929rr, freddiewest:

I (as well as others) would be interested in knowing how the 150 rear works out for you, clearance, handling, etc.

Luke

·
Registered
14 Posts
Luke,

Will let you know after this weekend, racing the 250 class with me being the only Honda on the grid against the Kawi contigency...

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very good info everyone =]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts