Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys:
the previous owner had a pretty nasty crash with this bike,it seems that he lowsided and the bike's tank had contacted with the ground, here are some images
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Motorcycle accessories
Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

so the guys at the repair station said there is no point repairing this and he told me that i would be better off getting a new one, but the new tank on honda website costs over 1000, i dont think ill be able to afford that. this might sound silly but is there any tanks from other mororcycles that also fits on cbr250r? or can i modify simmilar tanks to fit, looking to keep costs low, need to be able to pass wof. it would be best if i could get a retro styled tank that can fit well. located in nz
really out of ideas here, please help

·
Registered
344 Posts
no other tanks will fit. Extremely specific application with tank fitted to frame and bodywork. Not to mention in-tank pump and fuel-level sender.

Best bet for you is to strip tank, remove cap and pump. Then take to auto-body shoppe
for repairs. It's not that difficult to fix those dents and restore to original condition. There are people who can build these kinds of tanks from plain sheetmetal!

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
323 Posts
...take to auto-body shoppe
for repairs. It's not that difficult to fix those dents and restore to original condition.
Yes
Option-A
A professional in the field has the tools to push and pull the tin out, then fill in the gaps with a special material, polish, and of course paint.
Option-B
Buy a used fuel tank in good condition and send it for painting.
For example:
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

In both options(A&B) you can save some of the cost if you D.I.Y:
1. Remove the fuel tank from the motorcycle.
2. Empty the fuel from the tankl.
3. Remove the fuel pump.
4. Remove all 6 gourmets.
5. Remove all 3 CUSHION
6. Remove all stickers.
7. Remove the FUEL TANK RUBBER 17525-KPP-T00???

And after the repair & painting job will ending...
8. Buy new stickers and stick them yourself.

My fuel tank had a severe damage from above, and the repair came out perfect (previous owner fixed it):
Helmet Automotive tire Light Headgear Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no other tanks will fit. Extremely specific application with tank fitted to frame and bodywork. Not to mention in-tank pump and fuel-level sender.

Best bet for you is to strip tank, remove cap and pump. Then take to auto-body shoppe
for repairs. It's not that difficult to fix those dents and restore to original condition. There are people who can build these kinds of tanks from plain sheetmetal!
thanks a lot man, ill try contacting multiple auto repair shops and see if they can help,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes
Option-A
A professional in the field has the tools to push and pull the tin out, then fill in the gaps with a special material, polish, and of course paint.
Option-B
Buy a used fuel tank in good condition and send it for painting.
For example:
View attachment 45025

In both options(A&B) you can save some of the cost if you D.I.Y:
1. Remove the fuel tank from the motorcycle.
2. Empty the fuel from the tankl.
3. Remove the fuel pump.
4. Remove all 6 gourmets.
5. Remove all 3 CUSHION
6. Remove all stickers.
7. Remove the FUEL TANK RUBBER 17525-KPP-T00???

And after the repair & painting job will ending...
8. Buy new stickers and stick them yourself.

My fuel tank had a severe damage from above, and the repair came out perfect (previous owner fixed it):
View attachment 45024
thank you for the help, i think ill stick with option a, how much did your tank repair cost?

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
323 Posts
...how much did your tank repair cost?
I have no idea how much did it cost. The repair was done by the owner before me, and he is the one who sent me the picture of the damaged fuel tank, and explained to me what happened:
Falling in the parking lot and hitting a concrete pillar.
He also sent me this picture:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

• Try to get a bid for repair and painting.
  • Another bid just for the painting.
  • Try to find out how much it costs to shipping a used fuel tank to NZ (Because what I found on eBay does not include shipping).
Then check what combination comes out the cheapest?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts