Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Here is my noble steed that I recently purchased for R28500 (South African Rand).
She has done 63000km and runs like a dream.
Revs well into 11k rpm.

I weigh 105kg and 1.98m tall, she easily does 160km/h with me, I sure I can get 170km/h.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I was completely swayed by the specs and reviews the CBR250R was getting and traded in my 2008 Ninja 250R for a 2011 CBR250R the first year they became available. Sight unseen, never even sat on one and had to wait 6 months for them to start shipping. I took delivery of one of the very first CBR250Rs that came off the truck at the dealership. Lots of people say never buy a new bike or car in it's first model year, but hey it's a HONDA. It's been 100% reliable and has never once failed to start in over 10 years. I have fairly low mileage compared to many of the folks here since I only use it for recreational riding and the riding season is so short here in the northeast US.
After over 10 years of ownership it's in perfect shape and runs like a top. People often ask me if it's a new bike and are more than surprised when I tell them it's a 2011. :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was completely swayed by the specs and reviews the CBR250R was getting and traded in my 2008 Ninja 250R for a 2011 CBR250R the first year they became available. Sight unseen, never even sat on one and had to wait 6 months for them to start shipping. I took delivery of one of the very first CBR250Rs that came off the truck at the dealership. Lots of people say never buy a new bike or car in it's first model year, but hey it's a HONDA. It's been 100% reliable and has never once failed to start in over 10 years. I have fairly low mileage compared to many of the folks here since I only use it for recreational riding and the riding season is so short here in the northeast US.
After over 10 years of ownership it's in perfect shape and runs like a top. People often ask me if it's a new bike and are more than surprised when I tell them it's a 2011. :p
That is amazing, I literally also had a 2008 Ninja 250 which I loved to bits. Traded it for an R6 which I drove a year and then sold when realizing the danger does not justify the fun.
And then got the cbr250 recently as fuel cost in my country is through the roof.
Comparing the ninja to the CBR, I'd say the ninja was more "Aggressive" whereas the CBR is tame but very very capable.

I'm also getting a lot of shocked eyes when I tell people it's a 2013 model!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
That is amazing, I literally also had a 2008 Ninja 250 which I loved to bits. Traded it for an R6 which I drove a year and then sold when realizing the danger does not justify the fun.
And then got the cbr250 recently as fuel cost in my country is through the roof.
Comparing the ninja to the CBR, I'd say the ninja was more "Aggressive" whereas the CBR is tame but very very capable.

I'm also getting a lot of shocked eyes when I tell people it's a 2013 model!
My Ninja 250R was a good bike, but there were a few things about it that I really didn't like. Primarily the way the seat sloped downward into the gas tank. It made for uncomfortable long rides. Even replacing the saddle with a Corbin didn't help very much. I was toying with the idea of trading up to a Ninja 400 recently, until I actually sat on one at the dealership. That sloping, uncomfortable saddle seems to be standard for all of Kawasaki's bikes and it's a real deal-breaker for me. I also didn't like having to drain the carb bowls every fall to put it in storage for the winter.
The Ninja had a good engine, but it's lack of torque in lower gears made for sloppy starts and lots of false neutrals and to get the most of that engine you really had to wring it out and stay in the high RPMs. The CBR's power delivery just seems much more polished and civilized compared to the Ninja. Torque is abundant in lower gears, making for much smoother acceleration, but you can still ride like a hooligan by keeping the revs up above 7000-8000 RPMs if you feel like it. My 6'1" frame always felt really cramped on the Ninja and I was amazed how much more comfortable the ergonomics of the CBR were by comparison.
Kudos to you for recognizing that the raw power of a Yamaha R-bike is not for everyone. I've owned bigger bikes in my 40+ years of motorcycling, but few have been as capable, reliable or FORGIVING as my "little" CBR250R.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
648 Posts
R6 which I drove a year and then sold when realizing the danger does not justify the fun.
Yappp. For me, one ride was enough to get away from anything above 250 cc. At 600 cc the speed at which you change the angle of the throttle is the speed at which the angle changes in a speedometer dial. At one moment the speed is 80 km / h and at the other moment 160 km / h ... One kilometer from the junction you see the green light flashing, then you pull the throttle, "beep" "beep"
Cartoon Gesture Water Liquid Art
, and you pass the junction at a green light.
It's psychic ... !!!

ON CBR250R
...you can still ride like a hooligan by keeping the revs up above 7000-8000 RPMs if you feel like it.
And I also
...amazed how much more comfortable the ergonomics of the CBR were
Yesss. You do not get tired of sitting on it. The four features you mentioned, the ability to enjoy a sports motorcycle, but without risking too much, comfort, design, and "Honda", are the ones that caught me in the test ride I did in 2011, but I purchased this masterpiece only this year. It was worth the wait.

Reactions: Exmoz

·
Registered
648 Posts
Is that rubber cover over the gear shift pedal standard?
Mine does not have that?
Yes
Neither I bought nor I assembled, it's from the previous owner.
It should reduce wear and tear on the "shifting gear" shoe.

·
Registered
648 Posts
That is a very nice addition, sucks having a black spot on the shifting foot always xD
Not always and not for everyone, at my Honda Innova I do not have this problem xD:
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Nearly 100% stock. Aftermarket windscreen and blinkers. Added leg grips, swing-arm spools, some awesome Daytona katana grips (thanks TrueFaith!), fresh Dunlop Sportmax tires, and a Repsol decal kit to take up some open space on the fairing. I'll be changing out the clutch pads at my next oil change.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts