Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Here is my noble steed that I recently purchased for R28500 (South African Rand).
She has done 63000km and runs like a dream.
Revs well into 11k rpm.

I weigh 105kg and 1.98m tall, she easily does 160km/h with me, I sure I can get 170km/h.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was completely swayed by the specs and reviews the CBR250R was getting and traded in my 2008 Ninja 250R for a 2011 CBR250R the first year they became available. Sight unseen, never even sat on one and had to wait 6 months for them to start shipping. I took delivery of one of the very first CBR250Rs that came off the truck at the dealership. Lots of people say never buy a new bike or car in it's first model year, but hey it's a HONDA. It's been 100% reliable and has never once failed to start in over 10 years. I have fairly low mileage compared to many of the folks here since I only use it for recreational riding and the riding season is so short here in the northeast US.
After over 10 years of ownership it's in perfect shape and runs like a top. People often ask me if it's a new bike and are more than surprised when I tell them it's a 2011. :p
That is amazing, I literally also had a 2008 Ninja 250 which I loved to bits. Traded it for an R6 which I drove a year and then sold when realizing the danger does not justify the fun.
And then got the cbr250 recently as fuel cost in my country is through the roof.
Comparing the ninja to the CBR, I'd say the ninja was more "Aggressive" whereas the CBR is tame but very very capable.

I'm also getting a lot of shocked eyes when I tell people it's a 2013 model!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts