Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my bike for several months and I really like it. I am debating keeping it and using it for a gas saving champion. Yet, I have that need for a bigger bike thing happening. So the question is how much have the used bikes with very few miles been going for? Is it such a loss I should just keep it or can I get a decent trade in price? Anyone bought one used recently? What did you pay? Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hold on to the ceebee and buy a used bike.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No it's not abs. I really do like it but 4000 is 4000 and I am not rich. It is such a good commuter it would pay for itself in a couple year. See the internal turmoil?!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Normally, you can loose allot on resale, especially on any mods, but with the MPG and the price of gas today, you may do ok.

I can say my last bike was used 2006 Triumph Daytona 675 with 1000 miles and about $2000 in mods on the bike. The original owner had close to $11.5K into it. In Dec 2007, I paid $6K including taxes brought the price to about $6400 otd.

It also may have allot to do where you are, I don't know anything about the market in Idaho. I'll give you $2K if you pay to ship it to Florida :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the offer. I think I'd miss the forum here too! Thats another cost of selling her. A new BMW R1200 is calling me but I don't think I'm high enough class for that. I like the flavor of the people here. A little more down to earth.

·
1,305 Posts
scott, you don't HAVE to own a 250 to frequent here,

doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is true but so much relates to this bike specifically. Being such a new model there is so much to discover here and I think I would feel guilty. I really am serious in saying I think I'm leaning toward keeping her for awhile. Part of the thought on selling was putting money to dial her in then losing that on resale. With that said, she is a fairly low cost, and one sweet looking machine. I got a compliment today at a farmers market! Thanks guys for the response.

·
Registered
109 Posts
There was one on CL Spokane/Idaho for 3800. We agreed on 3500. The guy, who put it on CL however would not meet me at my bank? Too long a drive. Dah.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There was one on CL Spokane/Idaho for 3800. We agreed on 3500. The guy, who put it on CL however would not meet me at my bank? Too long a drive. Dah.
Was the guys name Doug? If so that is the one I almost got in Sandpoint. Small world. I saw that on CL before I bought this one. He was asking 3800. That's why I went new for 4200. Check Mays Honda in Sandpoint I think they still have a red white and blue one. Great financing.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Friend of mine has been running into something similar down here in Texas. She recently started to talk to someone selling one for 3500 OBO, but as soon as the topic of looking at the bike showed up, he stopped e-mailing her back.

Probably just going to tell her to call around to dealerships and buy a new one. I second to keep the bike for fun though. Or try something like trading it with someone who wants a smaller bike.

·
Banned
834 Posts
I would keep this bike. It's so much cheaper to own than any other bike out there. I pay $110 a yr in insurance and get 77 mpg, can't beat that with a stick.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts