Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the resale value on these things? I bought mine with 2,092 miles for 3,000 from a guy about an hour north of me. Says he wants to buy it back for 3,000 when i sell it. He seems pretty genuine about it and since the sale, i've talked and ridden with the guy numerous times. He even rode down to my town the first time i changed the oil and helped me. I was just wondering if you guys think i could get $3500 or so on craigslist or something. A lot of people complain about how pricey the bike is for a 250 but with the resale value it's like having a savings account that you get to ride to work/school! :rolleyes: Where else can you get that?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Pricey? its the same as a Whoflung here and only $500 more than a chinga Megelli.

Its so cheap I dont care about resale one bit.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I think the bike is a bargin, liquid cooled, fuel injected, six speed transmission. And if you bought that bike for three grand you got a real good deal on a used one. If its in good shape you might be able to $3,500.00 for it. But do you really want to sell it? And would you want to do that to a friend?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Just keep the thing. It's worth owning, it's damm cheap by sport bike standards, unless you are in a financial jam and need the cash.

The last bike I sold I only lost $200 bucks on the sale, but lost at least $500 in registration fees at the deparment of motor vehicles! they're a bunch of A**holes.

·
Registered
529 Posts
If you really have a need to sell the bike - sell it to the previous owner that sold it to you for $3000. The guy seems like a stand-up dude. He rode an hour to help you change your oil. That says a lot. Yet - you are considering selling it to someone else....wait for it......for $500 more?!??! You're joking right? If you're not - I'm surprised that this guy rides with you.

Mike

·
Registered
878 Posts
The bike is a bargain new, you got a great deal on a slightly used one, the right thing to do if you want to get rid of it is to sell it back to the guy who sold it to you!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you really have a need to sell the bike - sell it to the previous owner that sold it to you for $3000. The guy seems like a stand-up dude. He rode an hour to help you change your oil. That says a lot. Yet - you are considering selling it to someone else....wait for it......for $500 more?!??! You're joking right? If you're not - I'm surprised that this guy rides with you.

Mike
Really, i was just wondering what i could get for it. The only reason i wouldn't sell it back is if he didnt have the cash when i wanted to sell or within a month of me wanting to sell. I like the 250 a lot but i made the mistake of taking my friends gixxer 1000 for a ride and now i feel limited with the 250. When i ride with my friends they all leave me (except the other 250 in our group) and they have to wait for like 5 minutes at stop signs. Also, im a real big adrenaline junky and i've been thinking about getting a streetfighter or a bare bones bike and start stunting. I'll keep the bike until at least summer but im definitely going to get a bigger bike by august.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I can understand your need for a bigger bike. The little CBR wont hang in there its just to small and to slow. If I ride with friends I always ride my 600. You got a great deal on your bike you wont lose a dime as they say.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
The 250 is fine to be just as fast if not even quicker on corner entry, & mid corner speed.
Its all up to the rider.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You can locate a new CBR250r for $3500 without breaking a sweat. I know this is news to some people. I would not pay anywhere near $3500 for a used bike but that's me. I'm only aware of one used CBR that sold on ebay last year for $2800... it had 800 miles or something like that.

·
Registered
155 Posts

Mike
LOl, In your little world, you should agree to sell a bike back to the original owner for the price you paid just because the seller has seller's remorse... and also insult the current owner if he thinks he can sell it for more to someone else. You're a winner!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think the bike is a bargin, liquid cooled, fuel injected, six speed transmission. And if you bought that bike for three grand you got a real good deal on a used one. If its in good shape you might be able to $3,500.00 for it. But do you really want to sell it? And would you want to do that to a friend?
I agree that the OP did very well; I'd love to buy one in the like new condition for that price :)

·
Registered
724 Posts
3,999 new is ridiculous low already. I've been looking at HDTVs lately and a 55 inch Sony XBR LED TV is 2600-3000 dollars. So dollar for dollar this little CBR compared to stuff out there is a no brain winning buy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOl, In your little world, you should agree to sell a bike back to the original owner for the price you paid just because the seller has seller's remorse... and also insult the current owner if he thinks he can sell it for more to someone else. You're a winner!
haha after i read his post a few times it seemed less like an attack on me and more of a "come on, man" kind of statement. But thanks for the support! :D

·
Registered
529 Posts
No. What I was saying is that this guy who sold Renegade the bike seems like a considerate and thoughful person to actually (first of all) sell the bike to Renegade for a great price, then in an admirable fashion - ride 1 hr to help him change the oil in his bike. I find that impressive. That is something I'd do for someone else, and it is nice to see a rider contribute their time and effort towards helping a fellow rider. Perhaps you don't see this as a considerate gesture? Perhaps you don't care and prefer to believe in "every man for himself". Maybe being impressed by kind gestures makes me old fashioned, uncool, and not a "winner" in your books. :rolleyes: If that is the case - so be it. I'm completely comfortable with that.

Yet despite such gestures - it appears to me (and I readily admit here that I could be misinterpretiing this) that Renegade would rather sell the bike to someone else and try to make an extra $500 on the deal rather than sell it back to the original owner who has shown him some consideration and has gone out of his way to help him in the past.

Goyble - if you can't appreciate what I'm saying here - or simply are unable to show some appreciation for the respect and consideration others have shown you - I truly feel sorry for you as a human being. You have my deepest and most heartfelt sympathy.

Mike

·
Registered
576 Posts
Really, i was just wondering what i could get for it. The only reason i wouldn't sell it back is if he didnt have the cash when i wanted to sell or within a month of me wanting to sell. I like the 250 a lot but i made the mistake of taking my friends gixxer 1000 for a ride and now i feel limited with the 250. When i ride with my friends they all leave me (except the other 250 in our group) and they have to wait for like 5 minutes at stop signs. Also, im a real big adrenaline junky and i've been thinking about getting a streetfighter or a bare bones bike and start stunting. I'll keep the bike until at least summer but im definitely going to get a bigger bike by august.
where are you guys riding-out in a desert?
sounds like they are not going the posted speed limit or riding
reckless if you cant keep up.
buy some extra insurance if you start stunting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No. What I was saying is that this guy who sold Renegade the bike seems like a considerate and thoughful person to actually (first of all) sell the bike to Renegade for a great price, then in an admirable fashion - ride 1 hr to help him change the oil in his bike. I find that impressive.

Yet despite such gestures - it appears to me (and I readily admit here that I could be misinterpretiing this) that Renegade would rather sell the bike to someone else and try to make an extra $500 on the deal rather than sell it back to the original owner who has shown him some consideration and has gone out of his way to help him in the past.
where are you guys riding-out in a desert?
sounds like they are not going the posted speed limit or riding
reckless if you cant keep up.
buy some extra insurance if you start stunting.
Mike - No, thats not what i meant. What i meant is if he doesnt have the cash when im ready to sell. He's actually talking about wanting it back in about 2 weeks so i will probably sell it back to him.

lenbrinke - We ride country roads that no one rides down. i dont ride like they do, they have years of experience. We can literally ride for 15-20 miles and see no other cars. And as far as the insurance goes, i have a really well paying job that provides my health insurance. I always make sure i cover my backside! lol :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
3,999 new is ridiculous low already. I've been looking at HDTVs lately and a 55 inch Sony XBR LED TV is 2600-3000 dollars. So dollar for dollar this little CBR compared to stuff out there is a no brain winning buy.
I beg to differ, or at least put things into perspective. Many new riders who buy a new CBR will sell within in two riding seasons. Those people who will likely pay over $5000 OTD, will lose roughly 40% of their initial investment in a year or two. Financially speaking, you can't make a worse decision than to buy a brand new bike just to sell it in a year or two.

Now obviously, there is more involved than just finances.. The enjoyment of owning and riding the bike is a big part of it and your personal finances have a lot to do with it but over all, buying a brand new bike is not always a smart way to go... Buying a brand new bike when you've never ridden a bike before is an even worse idea... and finally buying a $3000 TV is the worst idea of all because you are wasting $3000 and wasting hours watching a lot of garbage that is designed to sell you useless crap, brainwash you and destroy your life through the promotion of immoral, unethical, violent and perverted behavior.:D

At any rate, I understand the urge to buy a nice shiny bike but I've learned to control the impulse. There are insane deals on the used market. I'm considering buying a KLX250S... $5000 new and I can get one with 2500 miles on it for $2600.

$4000 may seem like a no brainier to some people with no brain but not to those of us with a brain:D..

Don't take that last comment seriously.. Just having some fun. Just because I wouldn't buy a new bike if you pointed a gun at my head doesn't mean I have a problem with other people making poor decisions!:D Actually I'm thankful for the impulse buyers, they make it possible for me to buy many bikes without breaking the bank.:p

·
Registered
878 Posts
I beg to differ, or at least put things into perspective. Many new riders who buy a new CBR will sell within in two riding seasons. Those people who will likely pay over $5000 OTD, will lose roughly 40% of their initial investment in a year or two. Financially speaking, you can't make a worse decision than to buy a brand new bike just to sell it in a year or two.

Now obviously, there is more involved than just finances.. The enjoyment of owning and riding the bike is a big part of it and your personal finances have a lot to do with it but over all, buying a brand new bike is not always a smart way to go... Buying a brand new bike when you've never ridden a bike before is an even worse idea... and finally buying a $3000 TV is the worst idea of all because you are wasting $3000 and wasting hours watching a lot of garbage that is designed to sell you useless crap, brainwash you and destroy your life through the promotion of immoral, unethical, violent and perverted behavior.:D

At any rate, I understand the urge to buy a nice shiny bike but I've learned to control the impulse. There are insane deals on the used market. I'm considering buying a KLX250S... $5000 new and I can get one with 2500 miles on it for $2600.

$4000 may seem like a no brainier to some people with no brain but not to those of us with a brain:D..

Don't take that last comment seriously.. Just having some fun. Just because I wouldn't buy a new bike if you pointed a gun at my head doesn't mean I have a problem with other people making poor decisions!:D Actually I'm thankful for the impulse buyers, they make it possible for me to buy many bikes without breaking the bank.:p
Wow!! You must have a really large head. I guess the rest of us are just stupid.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts