Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had any advice on moving the bike backwards. I like to back my cbr into the garage (the gravel is fairly loose). I struggle everytime though. I have to get off the bike and maneuver it that way. I am a shorter fellow but I am pretty much flat footed when on the back. However I cant seem to generate enough momentum that way to consistently move the bike without rocking it. Do I just need to man up and get some stronger legs? Is there better techniques out there?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is there enough room in your garage that you can pivot the bike on the kick stand? I used to park my bike in a gated garden area, and would just pull in, then put the kickstand down, grab the passanger peg and tip the bike towards me to spin it on the kick stand. A bit easier than doing a 18 point turn

·
1,305 Posts
if you are going to use the kickstand method and you are a shorter guy.

put your left foot off to the left of the kickstand with your thigh against the gas tank.
put your left hand on the right hand throttle and turn the wheel left...
then just lean the bike on you...the bike will easily brace against your leg and turn on the spot.

eassy peezy

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am a short guy too (between bikes after a crash). I would spin my Triumph on the kickstand all the time, otherwise I would always get off the bike and walk it around to go backwards. I just didn't have the height to sit on the bike and have any leverage to move it otherwise.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am a short guy too (between bikes after a crash).
You were shortened by being crashed between two bikes?! :eek: :eek: :D :D

To the topic, I make sure the passenger foot pegs are up, leave the kickstand up, dismount the bike on the left side and grab the left handle bar, and the passenger grab handle and push it around that way, doesn't seem to hard to handle.

Neat idea pivoting on the side stand, though.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I pivot ours on the sidestand every time we bring them in. Not really enough room to turn them around without doing a 200 point turn and where we park them we can't back in. These bikes are really light and VERY easy to pivot on the side stand.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I usually hold the left handlebar with my left hand, the kick stand out and then grab onto the rear passenger handle bar with the right hand and push it out of the garage. Try to lean the bike against you because if it falls it will land on the kick stand. Make sure you go nice and easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts