Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,377 Posts
For the current (2011 on) single cylinder model, which is manufactured in Thailand and India.

CBR250R - standard brakes
CBR250RA - ABS brakes

From the mid '80s to the late '90s Honda produced a 4 cylinder 250 in Japan. The early ones were also CBR250R. In 1990 it was redesigned and became CB250RR. There are still a few around.

Honda have produced various other quarter litre motorcycles over the years. The models are identified with 250 and various combinations of letters.

· Registered
1,377 Posts
There are a lot of Americans on this forum, along with a few of various other nationalities, based in various countries. There are some from England, but I don't recall any from London.

I worked in England, seasonally (lambing, shearing, ploughing..... and 6 weeks on a building site in London one winter) in the 1990s. I had a CB250RS there for about five years, till it was stolen. It was a single that could be considered a predecessor to the current CBR250R. My base was a county pub in the north of Bedfordshire, that hosted (and probably still does) the Northampton MAG Annual Rally, and the Ariel Club Mid-winter Rally..... good times!

The Ninja is a twin that tops out a little faster than the CBR250R, but has a greater thirst for fuel. Good if (slightly) higher speed thrills are your thing.

The CBR250R is a single that has more torque available at lower revs, so it is a bit quicker off the mark. For an economical day to day ride it is probably the better choice, as a few on this forum who have owned both will testify.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.