Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think 240lbs is too heavy for the 250, sometimes envy the smaller riders larger bike pool for them.

·
Registered
311 Posts
No, the CBR250R will pull you just fine. Your power to weight ratio will be lower than a lighter guy that weights 160 lbs or a girl that weights 110 lbs. With a stock bike, the 110 lb girl will be quite a bit faster than you.
You will still have a load of fun on the 250. There is a guy from Glendale that weights 280 lbs on these boards that says the CBR250R pulls him along just fine even on the freeways. He said that he has zero issues with the bike.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I'm 240lbs and love the bike.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i am right at the 240lb mark too...just started a new diet today..gonna try to get back down to 200lb....but even now bike pulls me just fine..averaging 74 miles per gallon at fuelly.com......i can only do around 87 on top end tho compared to 97 for skinnier smaller riders...but mid 80's is still fast enough to pas on the freeways

·
Registered
133 Posts
I weigh about 115kg (253) and find the acceleration good and top speed sitting up to max out at about 150kmh (93mph) never done in a crouch yet :D

·
Registered
323 Posts
258 here. I upgraded the suspension because I used up too much travel on the stock suspension. I love the mc. I do wish I was fifty pounds lighter though. My top speed is 85 on the speedi. I feel like I could get higher now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That guy would be me i weigh 250pounds i ride my bike 70 miles daily to work and back with no problems on the 110 freeway going 70. I still have plenty of oomph to pass cars if needed. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
:) I'm 250lbs the bike is GREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT , it has been set up by Race Tech (frt springs oil etc,rear shock G3-S WITH REMOTE RESERVOIR) :cool:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
So...are all us fat guys going on the diet-for-better-acceleration diet?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Running to work for a few months should give better performance.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I weigh just a little less than 260. By my guesticulations, if I lost 60 pounds this bike could accelerate up to 12% faster just based on Newtons F=ma. So using Aufitts suggestion I would only need to run...14 miles a day for 92 days. This is assuming I am eating only as much as I burn at my metabolic rate. I get winded walking up stairs, so I think I'll buy the Bazzaz instead:p.

·
Registered
389 Posts
What if I just get some sleek gear like an ice skater, that should help out right? Less wind resistance....

[/IMG]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts