Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of footwear do you all use when riding? I currently ride in my steel toe military boots but that only works well on work days. Where can I get a quality pair of cheaper boots?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I really like my hiking boots for riding. I find my steel toes are a bit too thick and heavy, which makes things more difficult but hiking boots are lightweight, waterproof, comfortable and designed to protect your foot and ankle. They are also MUCH cheaper than "riding boots".

·
Registered
350 Posts
I bought a pair of BILT boots at Cycle Gear for the MSF class. They were cheap, waterproof, and comfortable. I figured I'd upgrade when I had the time, after the class.

BILT Cruiser Gear - Tornado Waterproof Motorcycle Boots - Cycle Gear

Turns out it rained through the entire MSF class (did the tests in a consistent downpour... made the Quick Stop tests kind've interesting). I stayed warm and dry with those boots, and I'm still using them (but bought a pair of Speed and Strength Moment of Truth, which I'll use in the warm weather -- incredibly comfortable).

·
Registered
501 Posts
I wear my steel toe work boots on work days also. I like my hiking boots for the weekend. I cant afford exspensive ridng gear.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wear my steel toe work boots on work days also. I like my hiking boots for the weekend. I cant afford exspensive ridng gear.
We are in the same boat. I suppose I can check out Wal-mart's grand selection for real cheapies.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I always find my work boots too cumbersome to ride in. Though I still wear them sometimes.
Got some RST waterproof riding boots, without toe scrapers, for about $60AUD from my dealer when I bought the bike. Well worth the little bit it costs for the peace of mind.
Though next time I buy some I'll buy in the $300 range as they offer much better fitting and protection. And the toe scrapers will come in handy for the track when I finally get there.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought a pair of BILT boots at Cycle Gear for the MSF class. They were cheap, waterproof, and comfortable. I figured I'd upgrade when I had the time, after the class.

BILT Cruiser Gear - Tornado Waterproof Motorcycle Boots - Cycle Gear

Turns out it rained through the entire MSF class (did the tests in a consistent downpour... made the Quick Stop tests kind've interesting). I stayed warm and dry with those boots, and I'm still using them (but bought a pair of Speed and Strength Moment of Truth, which I'll use in the warm weather -- incredibly comfortable).
Some folks failed the quick stop in my class in 70 degree, dry conditions LOL

I have the licensed CBR jacket and the Speed and Strength helmet. How much were those boots? Those Bilt's are priced rather reasonable but I want to test fit boots before buying.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The BILT boots were pretty cheap (they're perpetually "On Sale"), at about $60. The Speed and Strength Moment of Truth boots (which I also bought at Cycle Gear, because I needed to fit them -- and so will you -- they definitely run large), ran me about $125, but, they're fabulous boots: above ankle, comfortable (and stylish) enough to wear all day, and not have to change into daily shoes. And the protection built in is great.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I used to ride in Timberlands(cooler weather) and Redwing 6in laceups in warmer weather. They were fine for what i was riding at the time (scooters) but now on the CBR i do not feel comfortable with laces. So i got a pair of AlpineStars Hydro Sport Drystar boots. I like them because they are a good balance btwn protection and walk around comfort.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
just google "motorcycle riding boot prices" then spend the next several hours browsing for items in your price range..Thats how I found mine..they were a closeout item and in my exact size, so I got them for less than $40 with shipping included when normally they would have been $80 + shipping and handling.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been such a huge fan of Alpinestars for a long, long time. I wear a set of Fastlane shoes. They're a little pricey compared to what has been posted here, but they have phenomenal support (even for not being a full boot). They're listed here:

Fastlane Shoe | Alpinestars

...But you can find them cheaper at most online shops.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I love my ICON super Duty 4s. went through a few pairs of other boots trying to find ones I liked and felt good. The Icon ones look like a work boot kind of in that urban fasion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts