Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simply put: Fucken sticking ass hot.

The 15 minute ride home was exhausting. You couldn't ride with the visor open - just the heat from the air was like pointing a blowtorch to your face. The vents in the jacket also felt like little blowtorches. The air blowing up the back of my riding jeans and onto my legs actually felt like it was burning.
The low humidity (around 15%) dried your mouth out soon after setting off.
The fan on the radiator was flat out pretty much the entire way home.
You could feel how hot the brake and clutch levers got after sitting at some red lights IN THE SHADE THROUGH RIDING GLOVES. And they got hot.
The helmet when I got home was drenched on the inside and almost too hot to handle without riding gloves, but cooled down quickly.

Would I do it again - hell yeah! Love riding. Oh, and only if the AC is on when I get home :cool:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Simply put: Fucken sticking ass hot.

The 15 minute ride home was exhausting. You couldn't ride with the visor open - just the heat from the air was like pointing a blowtorch to your face. The vents in the jacket also felt like little blowtorches. The air blowing up the back of my riding jeans and onto my legs actually felt like it was burning.
The low humidity (around 15%) dried your mouth out soon after setting off.
The fan on the radiator was flat out pretty much the entire way home.
You could feel how hot the brake and clutch levers got after sitting at some red lights IN THE SHADE THROUGH RIDING GLOVES. And they got hot.
The helmet when I got home was drenched on the inside and almost too hot to handle without riding gloves, but cooled down quickly.

Would I do it again - hell yeah! Love riding. Oh, and only if the AC is on when I get home :cool:
It was 43 deg c here today, I left the bike at home because after working on cars all day in this heat the last thing I wanted to do is gear up. It's 8pm now & still 39 deg c :(

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hot here as well, rode on New Year's eve on the Triumph (Shadowed) similar temp! And we stopped for a coffee ! People i was with where wearing T shirts and finger less gloves. But i braved the mesh jacket and racing gloves!

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
It is -5 C here, want to switch?
yes please :D

it's been crazy hot in Adelaide the past week or so, riding in 39 degree weather to work isn't that bad at all if you stay on the move and filter/split, use bike lanes and stay on the move but within seconds you can start to feel the sweat start to drench you and your gear, not the best feeling!

the only times i would ride in 35+ temp is if i had to ride to work or drop my bike off for a service i had booked in etc. because going for joy rides in that temp isn't very pleasant!

speaking of pleasant, the temp is expected to hit a top of 25 tomorrow, can't wait, should be a ripper! good luck to you other non-Adelaideians :cool:

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's a crisp 32* F this morning. With a hi of 52* by this afternoon. With this weekend in the lower 60's. Usually this time of year it's in the 20-30sF this time of year. Thanks global warming. !!!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Wow that's hot but I'd still gladly take the low humidity over that heat PLUS humidity. I spent part of a summer in Hong Kong, and it was so hot & humid you couldn't even sweat sometimes.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I remember coming across South Fukcing Dakota when it was almost that hot. Drank gallons of water along the way and never had to piss at any of the petrol stops.

My advice is to keep your skin covered and drink a LOT of water . . . and keep the speed UP!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Silly me. I was thinking that 41 degrees was pretty darn cold (as in 41F) and I was hoping that you dressed well for the ride!
Here in Maine USA it reached almost 40F today, but there is snow and ice everywhere and riding would be foolish, or not possible. What a difference a world away makes. Now if we could just even it all out...
But soon enough you'll cool down and I'll warm up and it will be happy riding days.
Thanks for sharing.
Rick

·
Registered
619 Posts
Silly me. I was thinking that 41 degrees was pretty darn cold (as in 41F) and I was hoping that you dressed well for the ride!
Here in Maine USA it reached almost 40F today, but there is snow and ice everywhere and riding would be foolish, or not possible. What a difference a world away makes. Now if we could just even it all out...
But soon enough you'll cool down and I'll warm up and it will be happy riding days.
Thanks for sharing.
Rick
Here's something we can all agree on:

It's the same all around the world.

(I grew up in a place that would reach -40 regularly in the winter. It was always fun to throw a pan of boiling water out into the air and watch it crystallize immediately . . . . )

·
Registered
223 Posts
A comfortable 8c here. You have to dress a bit for it, but otherwise comfortable. Only the rain, it's annoying. I personally blame the British for it. Their habit of having rainy days always seems to jump over to the continent.

·
Registered
137 Posts
(I grew up in a place that would reach -40 regularly in the winter. It was always fun to throw a pan of boiling water out into the air and watch it crystallize immediately . . . . )
The same temp that your snot instantly froze in your nose upon the first breath in lol

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
A comfortable 8c here. You have to dress a bit for it, but otherwise comfortable. Only the rain, it's annoying. I personally blame the British for it. Their habit of having rainy days always seems to jump over to the continent.
Yes, it's been a record year for rain here (even more than usual). :eek: It seems like it's been raining for most of last year. It's going to be dry for the rest of this week. Hallelujah! :D

Manchester Weather: 5 Day Forecast - Met Office

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Yes, it's been a record year for rain here (even more than usual). :eek: It seems like it's been raining for most of last year. It's going to be dry for the rest of this week. Hallelujah! :D

Manchester Weather: 5 Day Forecast - Met Office
Dry it may be Wynne but when we drove from Manchester airport yesterday the freezing fog limited visibility to 10m on the M56 heading towards Liverpool. I'd take rain over those conditions anytime but full credit to the motorcyclists I saw -- all of whom were wearing hi vis vests.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts