Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CBR starts up and idles without problem. Once i start riding if i give too much throttle or get past 7000RPMs in any gear after 2nd, even with the throttle completely open, it gives no gas whatsoever, slows down, RPMs drop and it shuts off. I dont know if this is a clutch or carb issue but i need to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
My CBR starts up and idles without problem. Once i start riding if i give too much throttle or get past 7000RPMs in any gear after 2nd, even with the throttle completely open, it gives no gas whatsoever, slows down, RPMs drop and it shuts off. I dont know if this is a clutch or carb issue but i need to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.
Check the air filter and the intake snorkel for any blockage.

Bad fuel can also restrict RPMs and high end power.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
148 Posts
Once i start riding if i give too much throttle or get past 7000RPMs in any gear after 2nd, even with the throttle completely open, it gives no gas whatsoever, slows down, RPMs drop and it shuts off.
"Its only when in gear. "
Hi
Sounds like a problem with the side stand detector.
Disconnect the stand detector connector and make a bypass connection (short) on the side of the wire loom/harness . Check that the bypass is stable and insulated, and go out for ride test.

Check oil level? and coolant level? OK?
It's simple, so check this too:
Does the oil level drop below the control window immediately after starting the engine? If not, maybe the oil filter was mounted upside down, or there is other blockage in the oil passages.

Three more Questions:
1. Once you stop with the engine off, immediately afterwards the engine starts, or there is a delay of a few Minutes until it agrees to start?

2. I would try to disconnect the angle detector, because it's simple??

Check what happens to the yellow control light? Do the memories have documentation for a problem? If so,
3. What does the computer say? What is the problem code?

·
Registered
25 Posts
It is not possible to convert MC41 fuel injection bike into carburettor and no law force to manufacturer to switch to old tech. than more efficient one (both in terms fuel economy & exhaust emission).

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
vacuum leak
No, he said it idles fine. Vacuum leaks cause high idle and other idling issues. His issue is wide-open throttle. Under that condition, there is essentially zero manifold vacuum.

It sounds like the problem is fuel starvation (fuel pump, fuel filter, bad fuel, dirty / malfunctioning injector) or air starvation (clogged air filter, blocked air intake). It's unlikely to be ignition but that can't be ruled entirely out.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Low fuel pressure could be the issue.

Stock CBR fuel pumps seem to fail more often than most, and aftermarket pumps have proven to be questionable at best.

It may also be possible there is debris in the tank that is restricting flow to the pump.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Why does this happen all the time?

OP has 4 posts, and hasn't been back in almost a month.

Everyone jumps in to help solve a problem, but the person with the problem is long gone...

Oh well...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts