Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
wow is all I have to say to that!!! Ive encountered road rage at highway speeds in my old riced out car. I hope I never see it on a bike.

In my car I passed a guy doing 80 in a 100 zone, clear highway and everything. he blew past me then slammed on his breaks so i had to swerve around him and he kept doing that till he start to put his arm out the window and signal me to the shoulder, i eventually slowed down and started to pull over behind him then i dropped a gear and blew past him speeding afraid for my life and called the police. it could have been pretty bad if he managed to stop me. Be safe out there!!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
While there's certainly no justification for what that automobile driver did, when is it ever a good idea to ride in such close proximity to 2000 pounds of metal while making (what are probably obscene) gestures directed at it's driver?
You can never tell what a car driver is capable of and you'll never succeed in "educating" an idiot. Just let it go.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Guy's motorcycle was apparently not even registered. Ticketed for reckless driving and no registration.

In the video you can see his gesturing; but apparently when the driver didn't react, he clearly punched the man's window against his testimony, which was followed swiftly by the driver ramming him off the road.

While neither one of their actions are justified, I actually have to blame the motorcyclist. Nothing the motorcyclist did was justifying the use of deadly force; but even if what he said was true (driver throwing something at him), it's easy to memorize a plate while you're behind them instead of chasing them and provoking them, particularly when you have no evidence to convict them. Then, aggravatingly punching their car to try to get them to pull over (for whatever reason you'd want a confrontation), when you have a wife/son at home is just being plain dumb.

Having patience and knowing people will do stupid things is something you should learn quickly on the road, particularly on a motorcycle. It's never worth your life to say "I was right", especially when you have a family. I was shocked to read that his son was "all he was thinking about". All he was thinking about at the moment was testosterone fueled rage.

·
Super Moderator
2,022 Posts
I think that I will just avoid Florida!

·
Super Moderator
2,022 Posts
Search engines are your friends ;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts