Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to a Suzuki demo ride today. Took a nice ride on a GSXR-600 and it's got me itching to upgrade. I knew it would be a big difference but wow it was a blast. It took a little bit to get used to the more aggressive riding position, but once I did I really enjoyed it. Felt a lot more solid and confident going through the twisties. Now to start searching for the next ride.....

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mate go test ride the 750, i insist.
Did you get the front up a few times?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rode up front most of the ride. The power delivery was so much fun, my 250 felt like a moped on the way home :D

·
Registered
879 Posts
There an awsume bike both the 600 and 750. The power is awsume they rev forever and handle great. Not as comfey as the little CBR but much much more motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
600s are fun. But in the daily grind of practicality they lose their fun value and the cbr250 comes out on top.)

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
I know what you mean...

Did the same thing today in Lawrenceville, Georgia... Yamaha demo days, with the FZ line...
I enjoyed getting up to 70 in 4th gear (with room to spare), but felt the shifting wasn't as smooth, and the clutch much heavier, than my cbr250r.

I'm not entirely sure I'll be moving to a larger bike (at all... ever). There would have to be a lot it does better, or at least as well, as the cbr, to make up for the mileage, the cheap insurance, the ultra nimble handling, the weight, the simplicity, of the cbr...

·
Registered
493 Posts
I feel so out of place here! :D Some of you talk about upgrading, and I'm doing the opposite.
I've never had a street bike smaller than a 750, in 31 years of riding.
Now this year, I added a Yamaha YZF-R6, to be used as a track only bike, now I want to add a CBR250R! :p
That should tell you the strong appeal your bike has to others,like me, in the motorcycle community. :cool:

My garage is getting smaller!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Jump on board!

·
Registered
78 Posts
you should take a try on the ninja 1000..

not the ZX1000R im talking about the ninja. its the same engine minus a few horsepower but MUCH better ergonomics for communting. you can get it with, and without fairings

·
Registered
158 Posts
I mean I just went to the Mulholland Hwy this weekend and I have to say I had a blast. I mean the maximum you can go around those turns is about 60 give or take and thats dropping knee. I cant drop knee and go a bit slower but I still pass people and blast through those turns to the best of my skill on my 250 and its fun as hell. I wont be sick of this bike until I buy a new rearset and drop knee on every turn! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts