Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I hate to say it but I was vary impressed with the twin 250 engine. Its so smooth, and its faster to. If it were fuel Injected I would pick it over the single cyl thumper anyday. My fingers sometimes get numb and tingley. Not so on the kawasaki the engine likes to rev but the power is good all the way up to the red line.

·
Registered
576 Posts
i rode a 2011 250 ninja also.i think my cbr would win off the line:)
plus easier to just cruise around on.
ninjas a nice bike but maybe for the younger group:D

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
if you want to try to impress everyone within earshot or visual distance of you and race around wide open in 2nd or 3rd then heavy engine braking every time you get 50 yards of open road in front of you ..(like all the teeny boppers in my little town do) then go with the ninja..if you just want to enjoy an overall superbly built bike and ride like a normal human being and look dang good doing it..go with the cbr

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
ride farther

Well I hate to say it but I was vary impressed with the twin 250 engine. Its so smooth, and its faster to. If it were fuel Injected I would pick it over the single cyl thumper anyday. My fingers sometimes get numb and tingley. Not so on the kawasaki the engine likes to rev but the power is good all the way up to the red line.
If you think the Ninja has less vibration in the grips, pegs and seat, you didn't ride it far enough. It has more of a high frequency buzz. The Honda is a low rumble. I experience more numbness on my Ninja than on the CBR250R. With a pipe and jets, the Ninja will be a much faster racer but I am more comfortable on the Honda and it is 20% better on gas.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I've never ridden the Ninja but it was my first choice when I started looking at bikes. After learning more about bikes and see one review after another about how superior the CBR was over the Ninja, it was a no brainer choice. Fuel injection, low end torque, gas mileage, build quality... all the things that mattered to me most, the CBR won hands down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm right there with w0rM. When I began looking for my first bike I pretty quickly settled on the Ninja 250, but that was before I'd heard of the CBR. Despite the fact that I can't pick up a 1-2 yr old CBR on the used market, the FI, low end torque, and better gas mileage make it the better choice IMO.

I'd also have to say that I like the styling on the CBR better, though that wasn't the case at first. Honestly the fist time I saw the CBR I wasn't a fan of the look, especially the exhaust, but after a while it definitely grew on me. I really like that it doesn't look like anything else out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts