Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Super Moderator
1,466 Posts
Motosiklet soğuyunca sürtme sesi geldi ama ısındıktan sonra bu ses gitti, sanırım eksantrik bir sesti, ne dersiniz?
Controlla le distanze tra i pneumatici e assicurati che i perni delle ruote siano diritti e posizionati correttamente. Sollevare le ruote e farle girare a mano, ascoltando i rumori di sfregamento o eventuali inceppamenti delle gomme o dei freni. Un rumore che senti quando la bici è fredda può scomparire dopo che le gomme si sono riscaldate e stai guidando.

(Check your tire clearances and insure that your wheel axels are straight and seated properly. Raise the wheels and spin them by hand, listening for rubbing sounds or any binding in the tires or brakes. A noise you hear when the bike is cold can disappear after the tires warm up and you're riding.)

· Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
1,075 Posts
Maybe the rubber of the slider is torn? Rubber of any kind and not just the tires, it becomes softer when it heats up, and when the rubber is soft it may make less noise when it meets other parts. Just as TrueFaith explained that may happen and be felt in the matter of the tires:
A noise you hear when the bike is cold can disappear after the tires warm up
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Font Line Automotive exterior

Font Circle Auto part Diagram Drawing

Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive design

• Helpful
Reactions: goool89

· Registered
1,075 Posts
Make sure to check the magnet coil screws roaming inside 🔩🌪⚡😂
Yes, good thought, thanks! it is possible for a screw that came loose inside the engine to start making this kind of noise, and such are the screws that are holding the coils (stator), it is very uncommon, but it is possible.

· Registered
32 Posts
Maybe the rubber of the slider is torn?
View attachment 45579
Hey Tamir, how do you inspect and/or replace the rubber slider? I do not know the condition of mine and tried to inspect it for wear, as stated in the service manual (or owners manual, not sure off the top of my head). However, I am struggling to see anything behind there, even with a flaslight. Do you have any tips?

· Registered
1,075 Posts
Hey Tamir, how do you inspect and/or replace the rubber slider? I do not know the condition of mine and tried to inspect it for wear, as stated in the service manual (or owners manual, not sure off the top of my head). However, I am struggling to see anything behind there, even with a flaslight. Do you have any tips?
You're right, I'm guessing the previous owner of my motorcycle didn't see either, and therefore didn't check. I guess the noise of the rubber coming off startled him fairly. In the Honda manual it shows the point that needs to be checked, but in the manual the side of the frame is drawn when it is transparent. In reality the frame blocks the line of sight. You have to look at the check point from the other side. Maybe later today I'll post a picture here that explains how to look at the inspection point.
Human body Organism Font Slope Parallel

Reactions: goool89

· Registered
32 Posts
In the Honda manual it shows the point that needs to be checked, but in the manual the side of the frame is drawn when it is transparent. In reality the frame blocks the line of sight.
Exactly. I am not sure how to get it off either.

In reality the frame blocks the line of sight. You have to look at the check point from the other side.
Why did I not come to this forum earlier... Checking it from the other side never crossed my mind. However, I am still struggling to see if it needs replacing or not.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Water

This is the part of the slider towardsthe rear wheel, the chain is lifted up by my finger.

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Automotive tire Bicycle fork Hood

This is the front part, the chain is resting.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Hood Tread

Here is the front part again, but the chain is lifted up a bit.

· Registered
1,075 Posts
Checking it from the other side never crossed my mind. However,
Wait, I checked, My Mistake, the mark on the rubber of the slider appears only on the left side, so it doesn't help to look at the slider from the right side. So you have to make an effort, and if you know what to check and what sign to look for, it's really simple. I will upload pictures soon.
Exactly. I am not sure how to get it off either.
If you have a little patience, wait for the pictures that I will upload here soon.
My Referring to the picture you uploaded:
Tire Automotive tire Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Bumper

The test is without lifting the chain up. You have to let it rest on the rubber and then check.
According to the picture you attached, it looks like the central rubber "beam" is gone, I'm guessing you're very close to the round mark. In my estimation, my rubber broke around 50-60k kilometers.

· Registered
32 Posts
In my estimation, my rubber broke around 50-60k kilometers.
My rubber has most likely gone only 14k kilometers, but it is most likely 11-12 years old. I ordered some other parts earlier today, so I have sent an email and asked if I could cancel the order, so I can place a new one with this rubber slide thingy. Hopefully they'll let me cancel my last order, so I don't have to pay for shipping twice.

Do you have any tips to see the wear indicator on the "correct side" (left side of the bike)?

· Registered
1,075 Posts
Hopefully they'll let me cancel my last order, so I don't have to pay for shipping twice
If the shipment does not go out they will be happy to give you this service. I don't remember being asked to cancel. Customary thay send a link to make the payment for the additional part. This is what I know.
Do you have any tips to see the wear indicator on the "correct side" (left side of the bike)?
Yes left side of the bike.
I arranged two pictures that explain where the minimum line is. Maybe later this week I hope there will be a video:
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle

Automotive tire Tire Helmet Bicycle tire Bumper

· Registered
32 Posts
Right. I think my slider is done for, they cancelled and refunded my order so I may place a new order, with a chain slider. Now, how do you replace that thing? I can't find anything on it in either the haynes or service manual.

· Registered
1,075 Posts
I can't find anything on it in either the haynes or service manual.
If you have patience, I believe that in the coming days I will finish editing a video on that subject.

It's easier to work when you know what to expect, but these sliders aren't really hard to understand. You see how the old is placed, you learn the "tricks" from the old, and then put in the new one. In our slider, there are NO screws there are 5 "tabs" (of three types).

Reactions: TobyBryant

· Registered
1,075 Posts
My video is now on-line. I put the slider in place when
  • the front sprocket cover
  • the front sprocket
  • the chain
  • and the chain-guard
were removed (Because in my case the replacement of the slider was done as part of a general Chain/Sprocket treatment).
I don't think it should be a problem to put on the slider without disassembling the front sprocket and the chain, but the front sprocket cover needs to be removed, and I think the chain-guard should be removed as well.

· Registered
3 Posts
If the shipment does not go out they will be happy to give you this service. I don't remember being asked to cancel. Customary thay send a link to make the payment for the additional part. This is what I know.

Yes left side of the bike.
I arranged two pictures that explain where the minimum line is. Maybe later this week I hope there will be a video:
View attachment 45734
View attachment 45733
It's very easy to replace this rubber under the chain, mine got damaged just in 3k and I replaced it my self it's only INR 100 just u have to open where the 14 teeth chain sporket is located then lock the rubber there it's very easily and I also change fule pump motor that was easy to fit in pump assembly but it was hectic to open gas tank, fuel pump assembly and restore it back fuel pump motor cost me INR2699 from Amazon it can fit in bullet thunderbird 500 too

· Registered
1,075 Posts
It's very easy to replace this rubber under the chain,... it's very easily and I also change fule pump motor that was easy to fit in ...
Yes very easy to replace, very easily, easy to fit in...

I am a motorcycle mechanic amateur, with decades of experience behind me. The amount of failures I happen to meet with is not so frequent that it allows me to be as fast and efficient as you describe. And if I come to new topics, because the motorcycle is new to me, or because there has been a technological development, then the first time I work slowly, because the price of mistakes is very high, and I try to avoid mistakes.
For example: I disassembled the TANK, RADIATOR RESERVE this week, and on the way I disassembled the entire link for inspection and re-greasing. I fixed the leak in the reserve tank. At first I had to build the set up (with a ladder and ties to support the motorcycle when the link is off). The link screws were tight, and special patents were needed to loosen them. I sat on it for TWO days, easy. And when I put everything back together I discovered that the repair failed. At the second time it took me HALF AN HOUR to build the set up and disassemble everything and reach only the tank.

Reactions: TobyBryant

· Registered
1,075 Posts
... fuel pump motor cost me INR2699...
Yes ONLY 2700INR (33USD)???
Following the example from above(TANK, RADIATOR RESERVE):
Until now, except for the time I spent on the current repair, and except for the study time I spent in the last decades, and except for my investment in a tool box, except for some glue for sealing, except for all of these, it cost me nothing. And if the glue doesn't last either, then a new tank costs only a few dollars.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts