Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!

My bike is a 2012 CBR250R (non-abs) I purchased used about 4 weeks ago. Odometer reads ~12k miles. I'm unsure of service history, but I have changed all fluids, air filter, tires, and most recently Front/Rear sprockets and Chain.

I have not noticed the sounds until today, my first ride after the new sprockets and chain. Tension is within spec on the chain and alignment looks good (both tension indicators on swing-arm, measured from pivot bolt to axle, and using an alignment tool). I have included a video to help (you can hear it especially in I move my head to face the tank area. It does not make the sound with the clutch lever is engaged, coasting, or revving the engine. I can only reproduce the noise while riding above 6k+ ish RPM. I suspect it could be vibration from the front sprocket? I am unsure, would love to hear the experts' thoughts! I have heard the stock front sprocket has a rubber damper, but the new one did not come with one, I suspect this could be the reason.

Thanks you!

Here is the clip:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Good question. I've never heard of new sprockets causing vibration. Could one of your fairings somehow have come lose during the process (don't think that's really a possibility but one never knows)?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I've discovered the issue...one of the three bolts for the middle/side fairings has a shoulder to it...they were incorrectly installed on the lower/ground level...that helped a bit with noise. I also discovered one of the 7mm push rivets that connects inside of the left fairing was missing. I have replacement on the way. I imagine this could very likely be the culprit!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah, fairings really like to rattle. I make rubber washers from cut-up inner-tube and install them on all mounting bolts on outside and inside so fairings only touch rubber.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts