Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Frns
I have got ma CBR250 10 days back just rode ma bike for less than 200 kms . Sterday i got a rusty sound like (wen v scratch on a rusty iron bar);:confused:
wen i use ma back disc i do no wat to do . Frns any one having these problem pls reveal me .

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Hi Frns
I have got ma CBR250 10 days back just rode ma bike for less than 200 kms . Sterday i got a rusty sound like (wen v scratch on a rusty iron bar);:confused:
wen i use ma back disc i do no wat to do . Frns any one having these problem pls reveal me .
Probably just a bit of dust or something. It will probably go away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx frns for u r replys sterday i saw ma break pad of ma back disc is some wat loose i think that sound is due to that . Anyhow i want to move to ma dealer and ask about this. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Breal pad issue

Hi micheal,
I want to ask one issue regarding breakpad wheather break pad should be tight on both the discs r looser . My back disc break pad is much losser when i shake it i am very much confused with that can u xplain me reagrding this r else i want to move to dealer with in this week..........:)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Hi micheal,
I want to ask one issue regarding breakpad wheather break pad should be tight on both the discs r looser . My back disc break pad is much losser when i shake it i am very much confused with that can u xplain me reagrding this r else i want to move to dealer with in this week..........:)
I would say all the brake pads should be the same, not some lose, and some tight. It sounds a bit odd to me, but it is hard to say much without seeing it.

Take to the dealer, who should sort it out, or explain it. The bike will be under warranty, so it should not cost you anything.

@PsychManSean - our friend smijo is not drunk. He is a guy using English as a second language, struggling a bit but doing an OK job of communicating. It is something I deal with every day. Now it is time to get on with marking work written in English by Thai students.

·
Registered
14 Posts
To test if the brake is dragging, go up to highway speed and...

to test the rear, brake with only front to a stop, if rear rotor is hot then it means rear brake is dragging;

to test the front, brake with only rear to a stop, if front rotor is hot then front brake is dragging.

The brake pads are supposed to touch the rotor. You can try using brake cleaner. Try not to get the brake cleaner on the tire or plastics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts