Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
did anyone here see this thing yet,looks like somthing from the future---ok maybe not--but it looks so cool,i want one just to go on short rides,motoscoot sells them for $2400 free shiping.i might have to order one:D SACHS is a good name,i had a sachs moped 27 years ago,lol

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know right,somthing about it,it has that look to it or somthing,i just bought a ducati,and i still want one,i love the way this thing looks

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
did anyone here see this thing yet,looks like somthing from the future---ok maybe not--but it looks so cool,i want one just to go on short rides,motoscoot sells them for $2400 free shiping.i might have to order one:D SACHS is a good name,i had a sachs moped 27 years ago,lol
There was one in Phuket for a year or two, but I haven't seen it for at least a couple of years now. The minimalist design attracted me, but on looking up the specs it is no more powerful and not much lighter than the typical step-thru around these parts. The brakes and the strong, stiff looking frame probably make for a great ride, and a durable bike. However, without much capacity to carry anything it is not much good for anything except getting a rider around town. A step-thru can do more, for half the price (a similarly speced Honda Wave can be had for 12 - 1300 US dollars).

With high mounted mudguards, knobbly tyres, a bigger fuel tank and a bit of carrying capacity it would make a great back country machine for gravel roads and off road; good for a hunter or a farmer.

As it is, I went off it. An interesting concept and design exercise, but over engineered, over priced, and not practical enough to my way of thinking.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Saw one of those madass's awhile back. Seemed very tiny, like it was a minibike.
What about the Big Ruckus? If ya could find a used one those are cool.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i just got home from work,and my son is going nuts,dad,dad,dad,check out this web site, www.minipocketrockets.com he tells me he called the co.and the guy said they r legal in 50 states,and i could ride them on the street,can i get one for graduation(middle school) please,i told him there is no way these r legal,so i call the co.and the guy tells me ,they r legal to ride on the street,i still say bullshit.damm guy got my son convinced he can drive it all over like a bicycle,my son is dreaming

·
Registered
928 Posts
I'd check your local laws, doubt theyre street legal. I bought one of those couple years ago for the kids but it was the electric version. Thing was fast, scary fast. Very hard to see so we had to have look outs to watch for cars. After a month they lost interest and it sat in the basement till I sold it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh he had one of those when he was 6,christmas morning he twisted the throttle and smashed right into my brand new scion xb toaster,lol,i couldnt yell at him.It was christmas morning

1 - 15 of 15 Posts