Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I have no real-life knowledge of any of these, but just to make you have to look at even more options, did you check out the cor-tech system? I just bought a tailbag from them and it's very nice. the saddlebag/tailbag system seems like it will work well.

Good luck in your search and let us know what you decide!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have the Motocentric Sport Tail Bag, and the Smart Space Motocentric tank bag. I was *so* impressed with the quality and function, I bought the MC backpack as well.

If I do any long distance multi-overnighters, I'm going with the Motocentric saddle bags. They hook up with the tail bag, and would seem to make a good solid triumvirate with plenty of room...

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I was impressed with mine as well...I just took the plunge with the 19L and it worked amazingly on my trip to Georgia. I really want to get some saddlebags for hikes I do on weekends. I want to keep my boots and riding gear in the saddlebags while I'm hiking and then reverse it all when I get back to my bike.

I was thinking the saddlebags could also make a good support for this:

which is my hiking backpack.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Rmemeber, If you did a fender eliminater, & moved your turn signals closer in you may have to go for smaller saddle bags, Just a thought

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for sharing..been wanting more storage for long day trips.....ended up ordering the $69 Cycle Case Rider Saddlebags...
How much do these hold?

Also...totally stock bike here. No fender eliminator. I don't hate the fender enough to bother with that.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think the real challenge for me is finding a saddlebag setup(w/o seeing it in person first) that fits all my stuff but isn't overly bulky.

I wouldn't be putting these on all the time. I don't really live in the safest neighborhood. They'd be only for weekend hiking trips and longer trips(touring).

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think the real challenge for me is finding a saddlebag setup(w/o seeing it in person first) that fits all my stuff but isn't overly bulky.
Thanks for sharing your insights on saddlebags. :) I'm looking at a pair (online) from Tourmaster. Looks like it's the same company that makes Cor-Tech. Tour Master :: Luggage :: Select Saddlebags I like the styling of these bags & the optional 23 liter tailbag that easily integrates with the saddlebags already attached. Tour Master :: Luggage :: Select Tail Bag The idea of being able to take off for the weekend on my bike sounds amazing... :p Didn't see anything posted about this brand. Is it new?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, I did end up getting a 46L topcase, however, I will probably need some more storage for a possible trip out west. Is there any way to put saddlebags on the bike and still have a passenger sit on it?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I know on cruisers you can still have a passenger but I think our passenger pegs are too far to the rear to use with saddle bags. I may very well be wrong though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Small saddle bags should work with a passenger - see photo. Also the Cortech bags have zippers to increase the volume so they can be adequate for long solo tours especially if you add the top bag.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
12"H x 15"W x 7"D

That's the measurement listed for the Cortech Saddlebags.

So looking at that photo, it's 15''L x 7''W x 12''H?

Also my goal is to get the largest bag I can get but still be able to fit a passenger on the bike as well. Not too cramped I hope.:p

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm also bag hunting for my CBR, but I want something big enough to hold my sketchbook without being super huge. Leaning toward a tail bag though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts