Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to my 2011 cbr250r ABS. Moving and the cost of shipping just didn't make sense. Bought it new and shipped it once across the country. It was a great bike -- nothing done to it other than regular maintenance, a new battery, and new tires. It was my first bike and I am very happy with my choice. My experience certainly makes me interested in another Honda.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
232 Posts
to my 2011 cbr250r ABS. Moving and the cost of shipping just didn't make sense. Bought it new and shipped it once across the country. It was a great bike -- nothing done to it other than regular maintenance, a new battery, and new tires. It was my first bike and I am very happy with my choice. My experience certainly makes me interested in another Honda.
Congratulations! Now comes the questions :
1. Will you go for a larger volume? Because there is a special magic in the volume of 250.
2. The CBR250R is economical in every possible sense, also relatively easy for self-maintenance, is this your consideration in choosing the next motorcycle?
3. The CBR250R is also a bit of a touring motorcycle (sitting upright and very comfortable), and also a bit of a sporty motorcycle (high rpm), which direction would you like to go now?
4. More torque(Less gear changes), or more power(More acceleration and higher final speed)?

Spoiler: We always most miss to our first motorcycle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I think I want something with more weight and power as I will need to do more highway miles in possibly windy conditions. My 250 had me a bit slow for the freeways of SoCal and I'd get blown around pretty good by the wind and other traffic. Of course, I'd hate to give up the maneuverability of the 250. Guess I can't have it all.
I've been looking at the NC750x for its practicality. Many seem to think it is boring and underpowered but I suspect that, coming from the 250, it will seem quite powerful to me.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
232 Posts
Thanks. I think I want something with more weight and power as I will need to do more highway miles in possibly windy conditions. My 250 had me a bit slow for the freeways of SoCal and I'd get blown around pretty good by the wind and other traffic. Of course, I'd hate to give up the maneuverability of the 250. Guess I can't have it all.
I've been looking at the NC750x for its practicality. Many seem to think it is boring and underpowered but I suspect that, coming from the 250, it will seem quite powerful to me.
DCN
1.If you do not go down to dirt roads,
2. Your road is well paved (highway)
3. And if you are afraid of strong winds
You might want to consider to lowering your motorcycle center of gravity and going for a Harley-Davidson cruiser?

In case you choose to do test rides on the new motorcycles, I recommend riding on a highway for at least an hour in a row, when there are winds (for a shorter time it is very difficult to reach conclusions).

Good luck, ride safe, and bring us here a pictures of your new motorcycle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts