Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today I sat on a CBR250 at least. And revved the engine a couple times. That is as far as it went. The salesman and the F&I lady both said I could ride it when they took my deposit. I got there late after driving 160 miles and the owner came out when I asked if I could take the bike out for a short ride up to 55mph to check the aerodynamics as a highway commuter bike. He said he didn't even want the thing out in the parking lot even though it was parked facing out the service door with a plate on it. I drove 160 miles to get to the closest Honda Powerhouse dealer. They are the only ones getting these bikes right now. My local dealer doesn't think he will see his share until the sales go stale at the Powerhouse dealers which could take quite a while/ not even this year, with this unique bike. As long as the Powerhouse dealers keep ordering more, he will never get one. Oh well. It must be nice to be able to sell motor vehicles with no test drive. I would have been pissed if I wasn't driving right by there on buisiness anyway. I'm stopping in again on Wednesday on my way back through and will probably still buy it and hope that the after market will come up with something if I don't like the performance of the windshield. Maybe they will let me sneak out then if he is not there.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
My son in law manages the Calgary Alberta powerhouse which greatly helped me in purchasing the first black abs model here. Latest update, is only one more shipment is arriving mid August but will not include the black abs model. No more will be shipped! Which makes me even more happy I ordered and paid in full back in Feb. :D Hope you get your bike cause you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cbr125?

My son in law manages the Calgary Alberta powerhouse which greatly helped me in purchasing the first black abs model here. Latest update, is only one more shipment is arriving mid August but will not include the black abs model. No more will be shipped! Which makes me even more happy I ordered and paid in full back in Feb. :D Hope you get your bike cause you won't be sorry.
This dealer has sold three so far. Has two on the floor now. The red one has my name on it. His next two will be ABS which I don't want. Sounds like I better not hesitate if even Powerhouse dealers are being sold out.
Having the good connection with a Canadian dealer, have you ever ridden the CBR125?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think you'll be fine to use it as a commuter, I commute on mine 26 miles one way and do this at least 4 days a week, I travel on a 4 lane road and run between 60-70 mph with no problem, also done a few 20 mile interstate trips running up to 75 mph and the wind wasn't that bad. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
This dealer has sold three so far. Has two on the floor now. The red one has my name on it. His next two will be ABS which I don't want. Sounds like I better not hesitate if even Powerhouse dealers are being sold out.
Having the good connection with a Canadian dealer, have you ever ridden the CBR125?
No, started out riding a H-D sportster then cbf 1000. Always wanted a sportbike so when Honda came out with the 250 I jumped at the oportunity. Not ready for a 600rr. My son in law rides the Repsol 1000 and my daughter rides the 600rr.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think you'll be fine to use it as a commuter, I commute on mine 26 miles one way and do this at least 4 days a week, I travel on a 4 lane road and run between 60-70 mph with no problem, also done a few 20 mile interstate trips running up to 75 mph and the wind wasn't that bad. Hope this helps.
This is a noob question but I am a new rider so oh well lmao. When your going 70 on the highway are you in full tuck or riding normal?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts