Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys, I noticed the last post was last July but I just installed this same spooler on my gf's bike. It has the same clearance as don'tpanic's and I did notice a thinner area on the inside of the base IN plate. Probably the relief cut don'tpanic has mentioned. The adapter fits just fine on the brake side but as he mentioned, it was a bit of a tight fit on the chain side. I also noticed the weld or something thicker on the inside of the swing arm which I thought is probably what the "relief cut" is for. I slid the inside or base IN of the adapter with the help of the small rubber mallet and it slid right in stopping at the exact same place or distance as the adapter on the brake side. Rode the bike after I clamped everything in place and it's like the spool isn't even there.

don'tpanic: Have you noticed anything since you installed yours or has the clearance changed since then?

Thanks guys for your posts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Update: I did in fact have to take off the swingarm cover, that step made it easier, and it was very simple to remove. And I also have a 0.6 mm gap on that chain side, just as don'tpanic reported. It is tight but appears OK, will test tomorrow.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts