Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a blurb in a cycle mag about these folks. They have some pretty nice stuff:

SATO RACING | HONDA

• best approach to swingarm spools that I've seen
  • Oil filler cap pre-drilled for wires (some clubs require safety wires on oil plug, cap, and filter if you're doing track days)
  • Neat bracket that mounts under (or in place of) the passenger pegs and gives you a tie-down.
  • Nice pair of rear-sets.
  • Sliders (I like the Yoshi ones better)
It's really interesting to see all of the vendors competing to bring out equipment for this bike.

·
Registered
378 Posts
the yoshi ones looks cleaner and more integrated with the bike IMO.

·
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok this might sound like a dumb question but what is the difference between these two

https://www.yoshimura-rd.com/ps-4699-1893-race-stand-stoppers.aspx

SATO RACING | Honda CBR250 ('11) Swingarm Spools

They look identical except for the way they mount and the name.
The reason I (personally) don't like the Yoshis is because it appears the weight of the bike is supported on the chain tensioning bolts. One of the prime reasons to have a track stand is so the rear wheel can be removed. Once the axle is out, what will keep the Yoshi spools in place? Even a lip won't help, since the adjuster will be hanging loose at that point. In addition, I can see where it would be a pain to adjust the chain with the weight of the bike resting on the tensioners.

Now, if the Yoshi spools extended 1/2" or more into the swingarm and were screw-retained, it would be a slam-dunk

By clamping on the swingarm, the Sato spools don't have this problem. I do agree that they don't look as "clean" as the Yoshi spools, but I don't see the problems with them that the Yoshi spools have.

Note that I haven't bought either one yet. My stand has both spool and swingarm ends, and right now I'm just jacking on the swingarm.

·
Registered
269 Posts
i like those and the yosh frame sliders i just wish they weren't so pricey. i paid like $55 for the shoguns on my 600 and they've definitely held up. anyone know if shogun's got anything for our bikes yet?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts