Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Savin' Gas Money in Alabama

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Dustin 
#1 ·
Alright, finally got a chance to post something. My name is Adam. I just moved to Dothan, AL about two months ago. I got my CBR250R Wednesday May 4th and i've already 400 miles on it in 4 days. I took it on a day trip to Panama City, FL yesterday and had a blast on it. I've ridden a lot of bikes in my life but never owned a brand new one that i didn't have to worry about breakin' down on me. It's Great!!! I got the bike mainly to drive to and from work cuz the gas prices are killin' me. If my math is correct the bike will pay for itself in gas alone in around 18 months! Anyways, I got the red one and I'm hopin' to find out alot of good info on this forum and also give some. I raced Honda dirt bikes most of my younger life and i am sure they wont disappoint me with this bike. :D

#3 ·
It did better then i expected. I have read several reviews of vibration in the grips and pegs cruzin above 60. It was there but it was way less than people made it out to be. It was about a 200 mile round trip plus i cruised the front beach road for about 50 miles. I seemed very stable and firm footed at speed and even with the large amounts of wind i didnt feel like i was gonna get blown off the road. I tried to top the thing out on a couple of long straightaways coming back and i couldnt get it over 85. I weigh about 210 lbs and i had a big backpack on so that caused a lot of wind resistance even when i crouched real close to the bike. It still would cruise 70-75 no problem. I only had one real complaint. It dosent find neutral or shift out of neutral as easily as other Hondas ive rode. I could be cuz the trans is not totally broke in yet but i had to move the bike at several stops to get into first. Overall it is a blast to ride, comfortable riding position for a smaller bike (i'm 5'10"), and it turns a few heads! :D

#5 ·
Apayne,

My CBR125R doesn't like it when you pull in the clutch coming up to a stop and then start tapping down looking for 1st when stopped (e.g., after an emergency stop). In these instances, you have to let out the clutch again until you feel the bike creep forward (in whatever gear you are in), pull in the clutch, then click down, then let out the clutch, creep forward, pull in the clutch, click down, etc. until you reach 1st gear.

I've heard that the CBR250R has a more robust tranny compared to the CBR125R so I hope none of these gremlins have found their way into the CBR250R as well.

Mike

#8 ·
Gas prices suck these days. Clearly the oil companies are loving this and enthusiasts like us who just want to get on our bikes and ride, can't do it as much as before.

BTW i wanted to ask this question since we are on the topic. What are you guys paying at the pump?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.