Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so some of you may know that I just recently (very recently) got my M endorsement on the license, and so I took my baby out for a spin on the Blue Ridge Parkway with a girl friend this evening. It was a blast and so pretty. So, here she is, with the beautiful Southern Appalachians in the background. Somewhere just north of Mt. Pisgah. Oh and that hussy leaning on her is me.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looks like an awesome ride, we have nowhere in Mississippi to ride that is that georgous. I really hope to be able to cruise some mountains one day, congrats on your m endorsement .

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Very pretty. And the mountains aint that bad looking either. ;)

Congrats on the endorsement; the blue ridge has some of the best roads I think. The scenic byways in NC are some of the best riding roads I've ever seen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like an awesome ride, we have nowhere in Mississippi to ride that is that georgous. I really hope to be able to cruise some mountains one day, congrats on your m endorsement .
Thanks, I'm super excited to have it. I'm not sure which is scarier (more scary?) riding around the streets in rush hour traffic, which for this town isn't big, but starting up on hills ain't easy folks, or riding around all of the curves with crazy drop offs on the other side. Oh, and going through tiny, windy tunnels. But it's my home, and I'm just gonna have to get good at all three.

My Dad's family is in Biloxi and I went to school in Baton Rouge, so I am well aware of how flat Mississippi is. But it's really gorgeous down by the coast. You should take a ride up to the mountains for a rally or something soon. I hear there's one coming up in July in Robbinsville for the whole tail of the Dragon thing. Something like 318 curves in 11 miles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very pretty. And the mountains aint that bad looking either. ;)

Congrats on the endorsement; the blue ridge has some of the best roads I think. The scenic byways in NC are some of the best riding roads I've ever seen.
Ha! Thank you - I'm looking forward to getting out more on them and enjoying what WNC has to offer. I will say, being buffeted by winds from the side that far up a mountain is pretty nerve wracking. Do you know if anyone ever just been pushed over by them?

·
Registered
399 Posts
That's a great area you live in.
I was lucky enough to visit in September 1994 with my girlfriend (now wife) after a summer working in Ohio on the student exchange program. I proposed on the slopes of Mount Mitchell. It will be our 18th wedding anniversary this Sunday.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a great area you live in.
I was lucky enough to visit in September 1994 with my girlfriend (now wife) after a summer working in Ohio on the student exchange program. I proposed on the slopes of Mount Mitchell. It will be our 18th wedding anniversary this Sunday.

Oh wow, Congratulations! So is your wife American then? Mt. Mitchell is a gorgeous place. I visit once every couple of years or so. But now that you've mentioned it, maybe I'll ride up.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Ha! Thank you - I'm looking forward to getting out more on them and enjoying what WNC has to offer. I will say, being buffeted by winds from the side that far up a mountain is pretty nerve wracking. Do you know if anyone ever just been pushed over by them?
No, I don't think anyone's been blown off by the wind. It will feel like it at first and you will get used to it, and learn how to adjust your body. This is a very stable bike as long as you have a little speed under you. Sitting still at stoplights is when I feel like I'll get pushed over because it's so light and full faired. Just keep the speed/revs up for stability, keep your weight off the handlebars, and keep a loose upper profile gripping with your legs. It will become much more comfortable with a little time. :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Scarlett. My wife is British, from Wales. I'd arranged to work the summer in Ohio before we got together so after a few weeks together we had three months apart. She saved and came out for a couple of weeks in the September. We couldn't go backtogether because I'd booked my flight home from Los Angeles when I thought I'd have three weeks to wind my way across the country. I ended up driving it on Route 40 in six days in a scruffy old Buick which I slept in most nights so as not to run out of money. I did take a day off from driving to see the Grand Canyon though.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ok, so some of you may know that I just recently (very recently) got my M endorsement on the license, and so I took my baby out for a spin on the
looks like you had a blast.. weather looks good. down here its 113 and sun is on full blast.. we'd wait a few more weeks to ride.. enjoy the lil ceebeerrr

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looks like you had a blast.. weather looks good. down here its 113 and sun is on full blast.. we'd wait a few more weeks to ride.. enjoy the lil ceebeerrr
Oooh, where at in India? I've been to Delhi and Agra (of course). It was during Diwali, so much cooler.

113, whew - that's rough. I think up on the parkway at the top of Pisgah it was maybe 69F, so 20C or so.

And thank you! I am enjoying it very, very much.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Awesome. You are lucky to live some place like that. We have pretty kick ass views here in Colorado as well. I love taking an afternoon and just shooting into the mountains. I vote for rush hour being much scarier. Now for me that is Denver so millions of people all pissed off and tired trying to get home at the end of the day. The mountains and drop offs seem much less scary. LOL

Good luck and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Oooh, where at in India? I've been to Delhi and Agra (of course). It was during Diwali, so much cooler.

113, whew - that's rough. I think up on the parkway at the top of Pisgah it was maybe 69F, so 20C or so.

And thank you! I am enjoying it very, very much.
ahhh... delhi/agra is just 4 hours drive from my hometown .. JAIPUR..(pink city).. however now working 1000 miles away from home in southern India. glad to hear that you have been to my land.. hope you had a blast during diwali.

its gonna go 120+ soon before the rains hit.. so few more weeks for us to hide in our shell :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts