Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

wasn't sure where to put this so...

Anybody ever have trouble with a Scorpion helmet? To be exact, I have the EXO-500 with the knobs that you turn to take the shield off, when I got home today, I noticed that somehow the left side the shield was disengaged from the little knob. Basically meaning, it could have flown off from the helmet all together! Everytime I pick up my helmet I always grab it from the part that goes around your mouth so..have no idea why or how the quick-release knob could have gotten turned. I'm really hoping this isn't some kind of thing to where it just turns on it's own when you lift the shield up at a light or parking lot.

Anyway..anyone ever have this problem?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have a exo-1000 and you really have to look close to see if it is seated after you take the shield off for cleaning. sometimes i end up more or less putting one side on at a time.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, I am really anal about checking my equipment before and after a ride so..have no idea how that happened. I could have hit it somehow but not sure how it would have turned on me. Going to be checking that little bugger more often now..:p

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have an exo-750 and have not had it release on me. I don't find the attachment super easy and I do each side separate. My guess is that when you attached it, it was not seated correctly. I have found that it can be off a little and still seem attached fine.

I really push down all around the circumference of the know and make sure it is seated well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the EXO700 and my wife has the 400. We haven't had any issues with the quick release in the almost two years of owning the helmets. However, I do wish they would have included the chin "aero guard." Way too much air enters the chin area at higher speeds.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've added the EXO-1100 to my growing helmet collection (hey... for some people it's stamps or coins...), and while I don't find that "speedshift" release all that speedy, once it's secured, it doesn't seem to have an issue.
Although, I *do* find that you can think it's secured, when it's not... Have to open and close the visor a few times after popping it on, to make sure...

Otherwise, it's an awesome helmet... (we'll see how it stands up to the Arai Signet-Q on its way... ;) )

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I have the EXO700 and my wife has the 400. We haven't had any issues with the quick release in the almost two years of owning the helmets. However, I do wish they would have included the chin "aero guard." Way too much air enters the chin area at higher speeds.
I bought the "aero guard" and use it all the time. It does quiet it down and reduce the amount of air entering the helmet.

As noted, the latch system for the visor can be difficult to get aligned, especially with a tinted visor. I've had to release and re-latch mine before to get it do engage properly.

Overall I like my Scorpion EXO-700, but the visor system isn't perfect.

Jay

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've got the exo-500 and have had no problems...could you have turned it flipping the shield lock lever or flipping the internal tinted visor up and down? Both levers are near the left hand quick release. It took me 3 tries to get the shield re-attached properly the first time i took it off to clean the inside, every time i flipped the shield up it would disengage.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the exo- 500. I havent had any problems with it yet. Its alittle tight but then again my head size is borderline between a medium and a large. I have messed with the face shield a couple times and havent had any problems.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My 500 has the pump, haven't really used but its pretty cool.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think the pump is good if you need it. My head is pretty narrow pointy vs round and the pump really gets the pads to conform to my cheeks.

P.S I grew up in MI not too far from Troy!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hey guys,

wasn't sure where to put this so...

Anybody ever have trouble with a Scorpion helmet? To be exact, I have the EXO-500 with the knobs that you turn to take the shield off, when I got home today, I noticed that somehow the left side the shield was disengaged from the little knob. Basically meaning, it could have flown off from the helmet all together! Everytime I pick up my helmet I always grab it from the part that goes around your mouth so..have no idea why or how the quick-release knob could have gotten turned. I'm really hoping this isn't some kind of thing to where it just turns on it's own when you lift the shield up at a light or parking lot.

Anyway..anyone ever have this problem?
Just last week my wife's Bell Vortex quick release piece on the left side had an issue where the latch wouldn't lock so I removed the mechanism from the helmet and on the back side I saw that the pressure spring was not sitting on the tab properly. I placed it back in the correct position and re-assembled the helmet and problem solved. Not sure if that helps you but it's knowledge worth sharing.

·
Registered
356 Posts
mine was giving me problems, one side would come unseated as i closed the visor, so i pressed on it real hard while closing the visor and it popped into place and hasnt been an issue since

1 - 16 of 16 Posts