Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a problem. After a week's break, I pulled out my motorcycle and had trouble shifting. I hear a regular sound when downshifting. As if rubbing / scrubbing. It goes from the front wheel. The sound stops when the clutch is depressed. It didn't do that when shifting up. It also does this when shifting into a gear and releasing the throttle. The sound can be heard at high rpm and not at low rpm. It didn't do that last week. I have an unheated garage and it was -3 degrees.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Hi, I have a problem. After a week's break, I pulled out my motorcycle and had trouble shifting. I hear a regular sound when downshifting. As if rubbing / scrubbing. It goes from the front wheel. The sound stops when the clutch is depressed. It didn't do that when shifting up. It also does this when shifting into a gear and releasing the throttle. The sound can be heard at high rpm and not at low rpm. It didn't do that last week. I have an unheated garage and it was -3 degrees.

Thanks
Front wheel?

Stops when the clutch is pulled in?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Hello CBR 250 cze and welcome to the forum.
You are probably mishearing the location of the sound. The front wheel isn't connected to the engine, clutch or transmission in any way.
A too lose chain can cause a ticking sound on downshift / engine braking that might sound like scrubbing when wearing hearing protection (my hearing is impaired though and things might sound differently for other people).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello CBR 250 cze and welcome to the forum.
You are probably mishearing the location of the sound. The front wheel isn't connected to the engine, clutch or transmission in any way.
A too lose chain can cause a ticking sound on downshift / engine braking that might sound like scrubbing when wearing hearing protection (my hearing is impaired though and things might sound differently for other people).

Hi thanks. Good tip. I'll try to find out. (y);)

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
39 Posts
... As if rubbing / scrubbing...
It does this when shifting into a gear and releasing the throttle.

The sound stops when the clutch is depressed.
It didn't do that when shifting up.
It's look like you have a problem with the main drive chain. If the slack is to big OR If the chain is at the end of its life time (When the tension is Uneven, the slack is not constant), and when "The chain" collects the excess up side It happens: The noises you hear.
Occurs when the engine stops accelerating, and acts as a brake, for example: While releasing the throttle , etc ...
The chain hits the SLIDER CHAIN 52170-KYJ-900 up side (Metal to Plastic). And if the SLIDER is worn the chine hits the SWINGARM (Metal to Metal).
When "The chain" collects the excess down side, when accelerating, it does not happen, for example: when twisting the throttle for accelerating.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's look like you have a problem with the main drive chain. If the slack is to big OR If the chain is at the end of its life time (When the tension is Uneven, the slack is not constant), and when "The chain" collects the excess up side It happens: The noises you hear.
Occurs when the engine stops accelerating, and acts as a brake, for example: While releasing the throttle , etc ...
The chain hits the SLIDER CHAIN 52170-KYJ-900 up side (Metal to Plastic). And if the SLIDER is worn the chine hits the SWINGARM (Metal to Metal).
When "The chain" collects the excess down side, when accelerating, it does not happen, for example: when twisting the throttle for accelerating.
View attachment 44601
Thank you very much for the explanation. (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts