Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seat cowl – storage

Can a pair of dress shoes fit in there, size9?

So today I didn’t have my backpack with me on my ride in to work. It was kind of nice to get rid of the extra weight.

However as a result I had to wear my work shoes on my ride in because I usually through my shoes in my backpack and wear my riding boots.

When I get to work I do the whole superman phone booth thing,

except opposite, I go from superbiker to reporter… So I get in and gear down...

Just wondering if I could get my shoes in there.

I don’t want to go all Goldwing and saddle down, or go top heavy and case up.

I did find one bag that was kind of cool.

I want to keep my sporty look and have a little more storage.

I would be happy if I could fit a cheeseburger and fries in there so I can just pick something up on my lunch some times.
I don’t think I would be able to do it without it getting smashed up…

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
no go on the shoes under the seat..you might get the cheeseburger under there without the fries.....just get a magnetic base tank bag...pick it up and carry it inside with you..throw in a corner/under ur desk/in a locker or whatever

·
Registered
319 Posts
Nah, Shoes are a bit big for the cowl.

I have toilet paper, Gloves and neck warmer in mine, But they are soft and can fold

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hate to go Necro on this thread, but what tail bag is that? It's about the best looking one I've seen.

Seat cowl – storage

Can a pair of dress shoes fit in there, size9?

So today I didn’t have my backpack with me on my ride in to work. It was kind of nice to get rid of the extra weight.

However as a result I had to wear my work shoes on my ride in because I usually through my shoes in my backpack and wear my riding boots.

When I get to work I do the whole superman phone booth thing,

except opposite, I go from superbiker to reporter… So I get in and gear down...

Just wondering if I could get my shoes in there.

I don’t want to go all Goldwing and saddle down, or go top heavy and case up.

I would be happy if I could fit a cheeseburger and fries in there so I can just pick something up on my lunch some times.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hate to go Necro on this thread, but what tail bag is that? It's about the best looking one I've seen.
Um...he already posted the link but here it is again

HONDA : Rear seat bag [08L56KYJ000A]

Looks like they are using google translation as the english is horrible.

It does look nice but with shipping from Japan it's a bit pricey for 13L.

I'd rather get a 46L top case. I know you lose the sporty looks, but you can hold a lot more gear.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks!

I'd agree, it's a pretty good looking piece, but at that price, I dunno. Any sort of luggage seems to be really expensive. It definitely makes me think twice about what to buy.

·
Registered
626 Posts

I and a mate have that rear pack, and we like it :) I can fit a towel etc, and my Alpine Stars boots MX5 boots in there (SMX 5 Boot - Black - Road, Boots, Sports Boots - Peter Stevens), or a pair of jeans and sneakers for when I do the superman-reporter or reporter-superman thang :D.

I really don't notice it's there once I'm on the bike either, although swinging the leg over it takes a bit of effort hehe.

EDIT: in Oz I paid $130 for it. It also un-clips easily, and ya can clip a strap onto it and carry it like a satchel over your shoulder to and from the phone booth.

Dave

·
Registered
91 Posts
On a daily basis I fit a burger, small fry and safety glasses in there together.... Lol or if I take the safety glasses out I can fit 2 16oz cans pretty tight but they fit.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 11 of 11 Posts