Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at going for a custom seat to lower the bike as much as possible without tinkering with the suspension.

The front seat seems to have bucketfuls of space below that can be tapped into. My plan is to press down the protruding tank lip (that the stock seat fits into) or file it to make it smaller.There is this thing right below the fuel tank lip that I need help in figuring out (pic attached). Dont want to harm it so if someone could tell me what it is and how careful to be when playing with stuff around it that would be great. Specifically, is this some filter that needs ample air circulation around it?

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I let Saddlemen (saddlemen.com) borrow my bike to add the CBR250 to their custom line of seats. In return, I'm getting a custom seat.

As soon as I get it back (hopefully any day now) I will post some pics and let you know how much better my feet touch the ground. Plus the all important - how comfortable the ride is.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's the airbox/filter for the engine. Given that is is just the access port/cover, I doubt it would need much airflow around it, as the actual intake would be somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
You're avatar looks like you got your pic taken at the bike show. (250 "push over bike") lol

PS try shaving the seat

·
Registered
532 Posts
You're avatar looks like you got your pic taken at the bike show. (250 "push over bike") lol
lol mine is -- Still waiting on my real one to come around late March/April (when I'm signed up for the MSF course with RTI).

·
Registered
7 Posts
does anyone know, what or if honda change anything on the 250 from 2011 too 2012 for the 2012 are for sale in my area. I have always been nervious buying anything in the first year of production. If honda hasn't changed anything i guess it worked the first time. LOL anyone have any info for me. would appreciate it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I let Saddlemen (saddlemen.com) borrow my bike to add the CBR250 to their custom line of seats. In return, I'm getting a custom seat.

As soon as I get it back (hopefully any day now) I will post some pics and let you know how much better my feet touch the ground. Plus the all important - how comfortable the ride is.
Look forward to your feedback!

PS try shaving the seat
Shaving wouldnt produce too much lowering compared to the amount of empty space below the seat. And I want the seat to be comfortable :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts