Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all! recently got my bike and luckily i've been able to keep it in the garage. there are the obvious pros about leaving it in the garage but i also have a lot of cons for leaving it there. my main problem is room. i never realized how much crap is in there til i put my bike in it and realized it barely fit. no i can not remove anything from the garage because it is my fathers garage. i want to leave my bike in the driveway but i have a group of kids in the neighborhood that are a bunch of little shits. they broke into my parents and my car (had no actually proof it was them so charges could not be pressed) and if it weren't for my dog scaring the **** out of them i am convinced they would have stolen them. they have thrown rocks threw the car windows. they have slashed tires and so forth. its not just my house they do it to its the whole neighborhood. i just want to know if you guys have any suggestions or have used any type of security systems. whether you have found just using disc locks or did you go for the whole big sha bang and gotten a full fledged system. i also wanted to know what you guys think about adding the led lights to bikes. i know its long sorry!

·
Registered
55 Posts
option 1: clean the garage & put it there.
option 2: Go high tech, Get an alarm for the bike, & Set up some camera's and perimeter sensors around the house with 1000watt flood lights illuminating your yard. (im sure your neighbors would love that):D
option 3: Hire a sniper to guard your home. 24/7.
option 4: set bear traps.. You will eventually catch "something"
option 5: build a moat around your house, & add a draw bridge.
option 6: build 2 fences around your house (kinda like a moat) & put a mountain lion b/w them.:D

on a serious note i'd try and clean out the garage to put it there, if that isnt possible set up camera's to catch the little shits in the act. and get an alarm in case they decide to try it again.

i'd suggest a neighborhood watch program but that is kinda getting some bad publicity right now.

·
Registered
226 Posts
And, because the bike weights 375 lbs. wet, it'll take a lot for the punks to steal it with the forks locked. I'd also consider some sort of shock-treatment-therapy-system... if they touch it they'll get a little jolt! ;-P

·
Registered
160 Posts
With your issues, I can only think of keeping the bike in the garage or bedroom :D Maybe backyard, if you have a fenced yard. But, I would look first at organizing the garage since you did say the bike fit in the garage, you must have some room there.

Organization can go a long way.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Professionals will lift the bike and put it in a truck and haul ass.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Get a Xena disc lock with an alarm. Get a bike cover and hook it up to the alarm in such a way when the cover gets lifted the alarm will go off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
option 1: clean the garage & put it there.
option 2: Go high tech, Get an alarm for the bike, & Set up some camera's and perimeter sensors around the house with 1000watt flood lights illuminating your yard. (im sure your neighbors would love that):D
option 3: Hire a sniper to guard your home. 24/7.
option 4: set bear traps.. You will eventually catch "something"
option 5: build a moat around your house, & add a draw bridge.
option 6: build 2 fences around your house (kinda like a moat) & put a mountain lion b/w them.:D

on a serious note i'd try and clean out the garage to put it there, if that isnt possible set up camera's to catch the little shits in the act. and get an alarm in case they decide to try it again.

i'd suggest a neighborhood watch program but that is kinda getting some bad publicity right now.
Options 3-6 sound like must do's and I they don't work there's always the chuck norris option. Lol

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 11 of 11 Posts