Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went to my local Cycle Gear and came across 2 helmets that fit me nice and were of my taste, I'm coming from a BILT BLAZE as my first helmet which i really didn't like. The 2 that caught my eye were the Sedici Strada and a AGV k3 SV. I chose the Sedici over the AGV and now having second thoughts about my decision. I'm still within the 7 day retrun/exchange policy, both helmets by the way are priced the same at 199.99. I just wanted to share my experience and maybe get feed back if someone cares to chime in, as to using sedici helmets or AGV K3 SV and so forth. Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why second thought...
Well, since Sedici is Cycle Gears higher "brand" if you will, and AGV is a well known helmet maker... The Sedici is more aggressive looking, thats why i chose it to be honest, but both are beautiful helmets by all means.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
If a helmet fits properly and complies with the relevant standard, it is the one for you.

If a helmet doesn't fit properly, it will be uncomfortable at best, and possibly dangerous. No matter what price, brand, colour, or features, leave it for someone for whom it is a good fit.

·
Super Moderator
2,015 Posts
I found that an AGV helmet that fit OK with my indoor glasses was too narrow for my prescription sunglasses and pushed them to one side or the other, distorting my vision.

It is sitting on a shelf in my garage. :(

·
Registered
613 Posts
I personally love my Icon Variant. I also a Bell Helmet with the transitional visor and think it's nice also.
Both I've witness save lives first hand so they won me over as a customer.

The Icon breathes so well, I don't feel cramped in it, and the liners feel good and don't chafe.
The Bell has the visor, feels good but the one I got feels much too close to the front of my lips so I don't like it as much.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have a strada and i like it. My only real complaint is that it is a little heavy on my head.
I actually found it comparable to the AGV in weight, and by far much less bulkier and lighter than my Bilt Blaze...I really like the Strada, and despite all the negative criticism and bashing on Cycle Gear and their in house products (BILT/SEDICI) I'm trusting the Sedici with my bald head and going to rock it:grin2: Thanks everyone for your input! Very helpful:smile2:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im comparing the weight to my old shoei i had. Compared to that this is much heavier imo. Either way i like the strada alot its a good helmet. Grats on the buy.

Heres mine
Thanks! But, after a few rides it wasn't as comfortable for me. Went back with in the 7 day cycle gear policy and tried on a few more helmets. The AGV k3 was a bit loose for me. I ended up with a Seven Zero Seven Vendetta 3 DOT helmet which really fits me comfortable and snug.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts