Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A semi-pro racer based over here, races a CBR1000rr and ER-6, just picked up a CBR250R to get involved in the Moto3 Thai racing series.

He goes by the name of newf on the Thai Visa forum, has two 2008 CBR1000rr's in Thailand, one track and one street, a GSXR1000 in Canada, a track ER-6n in Thailand, and now a CBR250R which he'll be setting up to race.

Anyway, got permission to C+P his comments over here as I thought ye'd be interested.

BIRA is a race track vtw.

Took the cbr250 to BIRA yesterday, made it to the second corner and crashed...lol. No damage as I lost the front and the bike landed on me. But I couldn't stop laughing at myself as I was driving back to the pits. 2km on the clock when I crashed...must be some kind of record.

Took it out again later in the day just to break it in and got it upto an indicated 151km/hr on the straight. Just a namban full race exhaust, airbox cover removed and ECU reset for mods so far. Lots more to come

Still had the stock tires on, will be changing then before I take it back to the track maybe this weekend, but I have to use a Thai made tire if I enter the moto3 race. Going to try the izr 003 IRC.

I believe the stock cbr250 only hit around 140km/hr on the starting straight at BIRA. I will need to get it higher if I want to be competitive, but I am about 82kgs without gear, so I'm already at a weight disadvantage.

My ER6 can hit 177km/hr (GPS) and cbr1000 hits 238km/hr at BIRA.

Just waiting for the API shop to open again and I'll be putting there new ECU on and I might also try the EFI module.

If I take it to the track this weekend I'll probably run my laptimer app on my iPhone and get some times/speeds for comparison as I add different mods.

I'll continue with info as posted.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Interesting...so are you on that forum? If so could you ask them what body work they're using

·
Registered
62 Posts
Or possibly a lap timer

·
Registered
2 Posts
anyone here still keeping up with that gentlemen racing in Thailand. I'm thinking about moving there and would love to race with these guys. Would sure love to get some help getting started.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts