Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah yes, another LED indicating acting weird issue. But because I did not find this particular issue covered, I wanted to make a new thread for it.

The indicators on the bike before adding the sequential were LED, the rear ones still are those same LED. However with the sequential indicators flashing, the opposite flashes rapidly and does not enter the sequence, just the first few LED come one.

For instance if I go to turn right, the right turn signal will flash, as it is supposed to do, and follow the sequence correctly. The back signal flashes normally as it has as well. But during the right indicator use the left front indicator will rapidly flash the first few LEDs (all at once not in sequence).

I do not believe this is a resistance issue, it could be but it does not happen on the back LED so that wouldn't make much sense to me.

Was wondering if anyone had any input?

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
853 Posts
The signaling unit in the American model includes a 9-pin connector (in Europe, a 3-pin connector). Therefore, in the American model there are more options for incorrect connections between the wires, and there are more options for shorts between them. I would suggest you check that the wires are connected correctly and not accidentally shorted.
9-pin connector Product Font Rectangle Jewellery Fashion accessory

3-pin connector Product Output device Automotive tire Rectangle Font

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The signaling unit in the American model includes a 9-pin connector (in Europe, a 3-pin connector). Therefore, in the American model there are more options for incorrect connections between the wires, and there are more options for shorts between them. I would suggest you check that the wires are connected correctly and not accidentally shorted.
9-pin connector View attachment 45559

3-pin connector View attachment 45560
I actually resolved this blinking issue, it was a voltage stabilization needed for the LEDs as this device must be more sensitive. The solution is to add a small capacitor in parallel

however now I am experiencing the rapid blink much more significantly, and if I put a resistor in parallel with the capacitor/LED circuit I get a constantly dissipating capacitor that’s doing no good. Any ideas on that?

·
Registered
853 Posts
I actually resolved this blinking issue, it was a voltage stabilization needed for the LEDs as this device must be more sensitive. The solution is to add a small capacitor in parallel
(y)(y)(y)
however now I am experiencing the rapid blink much more significantly, and if I put a resistor in parallel with the capacitor/LED circuit I get a constantly dissipating capacitor that’s doing no good. Any ideas on that?
I can guess, and I can not guess if you give us a glimpse of your upgraded electrical scheme.
It is possible that you will solve that problem too even before you have the time to read my response,
but
the idea will remain the same:
Please share your upgraded electrical scheme and what you did there,
so that we can all witness and learn from your experience.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok to solve this issue with a sequetial turn signal I had to put in parallel with the LED module:

-a 35v 1000uf (probably overkill but I had them) capacitor and
-a 50w 6ohm resistor

the capacitor stabilizes the voltage when the non-flashing (not being used as the turn signal) indicator is provided a lower voltage and used as a marker, the resistor corrects the load issue as it normally would
when my new plastics are painted and these flush mounts are in and wired up looking nice I will post photos

·
Registered
556 Posts
Is U.S. only market that has non-flashing indicator as well as well as flashing winkers?
Seems it's an optional thing, my Kawasakis don't have indicator lights, but my Hondas do.
Certainly helps with visibility, but can cause problems when modifying lights.
And that 9-pin relay, horrible!

·
Registered
12 Posts
[Sorry for my bad English]

I have LED flashes, even if I preferred the original Honda because it seems to me that they make more light being larger than the small LED flashes.

However, I must specify that I hate the fact that these direction indicators flash too quickly compared to those of the non-LED standard.

My mechanic told me that it is necessary to put a resistance to make them stop flashing so quickly but it does not make sense to put something that makes you consume more electric current if you then put LED flashes that consume less electric current!

There is the theoretical possibility of putting another gadget (I did not understand what and from the translations of previous posts I did not understand if it is the same thing) that allows you to flash with standard speeds but that does not absorb current.
I wrote theoretical because my mechanic told me that it is not possible to do it as the CBR 250R mounts a 9 -pin owner connector ...
Tamir, however, wrote that in Europe the CBR 250Rs have a 3 -pin connector ... my mechanic is wrong who does not want to do this job?

I don't know this thing, I would like to find a step-by-step guide on how to stabilize the direction indicators at normal speed without using gadgets that consume more electric current.

·
Registered
853 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
I would like to find a step-by-step guide on how to stabilize the direction indicators at normal speed without using gadgets that consume more electric current.
In my understanding, to saving electricity has no meaning. You replace to LED for the new design, and a quality LED should produce a standard amount of light even if it is small in size.

Even so, and in my opinion this is less recommended, you can replace the signaling relay with an electronic relay designed for LED lighting, then you save electricity and you don't need the resistor in parallel connection, "without using gadgets ".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts