Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm narrowing down my search for my next motorcycle - and it looks like the CBR250RR ABS just might be it. I want something light, involving, responsive and fun . . . and that seems to match with the 250RR reviews I've read. My only hesitation is that I'm 6' 4" tall with a 35" inseam. I'll be looking to see what other tall riders on this forum have to say about the bike!

Rubber Side Down,
Kev

·
Registered
681 Posts
It's probably going to feel a little cramped to you. The worst of it will be trying to find an ABS in the US. I've yet to hear of anyone finding one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Piggyback on that..

I am considering it as well, but I have had two guys try to persuade me not to buy such a small bike, because they say it is too light and a wind gust or passing semi will blow me off the road. Comments?

·
Registered
681 Posts
I am considering it as well, but I have had two guys try to persuade me not to buy such a small bike, because they say it is too light and a wind gust or passing semi will blow me off the road. Comments?
I ride on an extremely busy interstate every day and pass and get passed by semis on a very regular basis. So far, I haven't been blown off the road or felt unsafe in any way.

Whoever told you this doesn't know what they're talking about. The bike weighs 366 lbs which is very close to several 600cc bikes on the road.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Wind's not too scary once you grow accustomed to it and learn how to counter steer into it.

I will admit though if you're not used to the wind trying to throw you around it can cause serious pucker factor.

There's a place near where I live that is windier than the Golden Gate Bridge. Many years ago on a particularly strong windy day while riding a '92 Kawi Zephyr 750, I was having to lean about 20-25 degrees just to go straight.

Once you get used to it, you learn to anticipate and use body position and steering to compensate.

As for semi trucks. Use lane position. If you're passing in the right lane stay to the right of your lane. If you're passing in the left lane, stay on the left side of your lane. Basically, stay out of the truck's wake and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
619 Posts
My only hesitation is that I'm 6' 4" tall with a 35" inseam. I'll be looking to see what other tall riders on this forum have to say about the bike!
I'm 6'2" with 34 inseam, it's cramped to lay on the tank, but there is quite a bit of room on the seat. For you, all the bikes are going to be kind of small. Sometimes I wish the bars were a little up and back, on long straight highway runs. It's a little bike, but I find it pretty comfortable. YMMV:)

·
Registered
400 Posts
theres a website that allows you to select any bike,you put your detailed info like height,weight,inseam and it willl show you how your riding style will be on the bike,not sure of the website might have to google around for it

·
Registered
619 Posts
You can get blown off the road in just about anything. The little bike is greatly effected by winds, however it cuts the wind supremely when you are down behind the screen, so you can put it through some amazing stuff if you got the skills.

It carries me along at 75 no problem, if you want to run at 85, it's not the bike for you.

On the plus side, you never cut loose the back end from putting on too much power in a corner. And your not tempted to do crazy stuff like passing people and going 100.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Howdy folks,
Just purchased my 250r(black non abs) and I find that it isnt too bad at all. I stand at 6'3" and 298lbs. At my request they stiffened up the preload some and added a little more air in the tires and this bike is a DREAM! Do I look a little big on it? Maybe but look in my eyes and see if I care lol. Oh and inseam here is about 32inches, give or take a bit.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Howdy folks,
Just purchased my 250r(black non abs) and I find that it isnt too bad at all. I stand at 6'3" and 298lbs. At my request they stiffened up the preload some and added a little more air in the tires and this bike is a DREAM! Do I look a little big on it? Maybe but look in my eyes and see if I care lol. Oh and inseam here is about 32inches, give or take a bit.
wow dude..you must have a really long torso because i am only 5'8" and i have a 30" inseam :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts