Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered a mileage computer (MPGuino) to play around with on the CBR. I need to locate the Vehicle Speed Sensor (vss) for the CBR. Most Honda motorcycles it's on top of the transmission.

I haven't looked, just something I got thinking about a few moments ago. Can anybody with a factory service manual look it up for me. I'm NOT talking about the ABS speed signal coming off the wheels! I'm talking about the transmission speed sensor!

You should be able to see its location from the sensor location diagram.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here you go, Part number 7
Thanks a bunch! Just as I suspected. Depending on when the MPGuino gets here, it's looking like a winter project :/

·
Registered
706 Posts
That thing looks like it could be sweet integrated correctly.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That thing looks like it could be sweet integrated correctly.
That's what I was thinkin'!

I'll document my install in case anybody else is interested. Will it work? Who knows, but their really isn't any reason it shouldn't. The only known issue (other than using the ABS signal for VSS - too many pulses/sec) is the unit has problems with pulse and hold injector signals. At this point I don't know if thats the case with CBR or not. Most likely not though.

It should be a lot of fun to get real time fuel consumption figures while riding. I know my bike does fantastic at 40mph in 6th. Not any power left over for anything other than maintaining speed though. Maybe it's better at the start of the torque peak at 5g's? It's these kinds of questions the MPGuino should answer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts