Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone i have a small query would you please help me out ???
Actually i bought a new cbr250r 2019 model & i have done my 1st service at 100-110 kms because of the criteria of 750-1000kms or 15-30 days so my selling date was 15/10/19 but i got the bike on 10th nov
So according to the days cycle i have done the 1st service
So is it ok ??? That i have serviced at 100kms
There wont be any problems in the future o anythn ???

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2,033 Posts
You do not tell us what country you are in and what the warranty limits for your country are.

I would seriously consider another oil and filter change at 1000 to 1400 kilometers because the first change was before the break-in wear was finished. Otherwise, you should be fine.

Reactions: samird19

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I wouldn't be concerned with time/dates so much as miles/Km.

One reason they say to wait for a certain amount of miles/Km is to let things settle - like cables stretching, valves seating, etc. then make adjustments that won't change significantly for a length of time.

Either way I'd say you are fine. Frequent oil changes are a good idea. The miles/Km listed in the manual is way optimistic. The CBR's oil capacity is rather small, so keep track of the level and change it often.

A synthetic or synthetic-blend like Shell Rotella T5 10W-30 is a good choice IMO. Hondaline GN4 is adequate, but there are better oils (like Rotella).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And sir i have also extended my warranty
Manufacturer Warranty was for 2 years i have extended it till 5 years

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
If maintained properly you shouldn't need the extended warranty.

Change the oil frequently. Use good oil. Be VERY careful when installing the oil filter. If installed incorrectly (backwards) it will starve the engine of oil.

Run a strong fuel system cleaner once per year.

Don't be afraid to rev it up once it's broken in. Break it in with load (rolling on the throttle hard in lower gears), but keep the RPMs in check initially. After break-in, change the oil. Occasionally run it up to redline when the engine is fully warm.

High RPMs and the yearly fuel system cleaner will keep excessive deposits from forming on the intake valves and in the combustion chamber that can cause problems. Deposits can be more of an issue depending on the quality of gasoline and additives in the fuel in your country.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If maintained properly you shouldn't need the extended warranty.

Change the oil frequently. Use good oil. Be VERY careful when installing the oil filter. If installed incorrectly (backwards) it will starve the engine of oil.

Run a strong fuel system cleaner once per year.

Don't be afraid to rev it up once it's broken in. Break it in with load (rolling on the throttle hard in lower gears), but keep the RPMs in check initially. After break-in, change the oil. Occasionally run it up to redline when the engine is fully warm.

High RPMs and the yearly fuel system cleaner will keep excessive deposits from forming on the intake valves and in the combustion chamber that can cause problems. Deposits can be more of an issue depending on the quality of gasoline and additives in the fuel in your country.

Thank you sir
And one more question
When is the break in period completed ???
How do i know that ???

·
Super Moderator
2,033 Posts
1000km is the normal value that manufacturers use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts