Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I'm from Israel, 23 years old. I work as a security researcher.
My CBR is my first bike. Previously I had a Mazda 3 which I really enjoyed driving hard.
So far I've being driving my pretty hard and I plan on taking an advanced driving course soon.
So far the CBR has been the perfect beginner bike.

My usual use for the bike is a short 15 drive to work. Sometimes I go on short 1 day long trips across tiny Israel.
Israel is really the perfect place to own a bike. You never have to put it away as it never snows and rarely rains heavily.
Further more the whole country is smaller than New York state and we have the Jerusalem mountains together with the steep downhill slops of the dead sea packed together.

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome from cold Minnesota, America. 40°F here today.

Great looking bike. I am debating getting that color scheme.
My garage is packed, but I think I can find room for this bike. :D

Enjoy your new bike, and your new hobby.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Smhulik,

Congratulations on your bike, The CBR250 is also my first motorcycle.

Just wanted to say something:

Israel is really the perfect place to own a bike
You must be joking...

Israel is probably one of the most hostile environments to motorcyclists in the world.
- prices of the motorcycles and parts are about x3 than anywhere else due to high taxation.
- insurance rates are unheard of (it costs over $2,000 to get a full coverage on a CBR250, per year).
- roads are extremely congested.
- drivers reckless and often violent.
- about 95% of two wheelers are scooters... and they ride they just graduated streetsniping 101. (I'll try and post a video sometime)

It is extremely challenging to ride safely here

·
Registered
878 Posts
Welcome from Canada. Are there a lot of bikes in your country?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts