Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had trouble shifting and thought it was because of the cold, but it turns out that wasn't the problem. Somehow the Stainless Steel pivot bolt seized to the steel shift lever! I had to pound the **** out of it to get the bolt free! After I removed the bolt I cleaned both mating pieces with a scotch bright pad and then put some good grease on them to prevent this from happening again! The biggest problem FRom doing this was that I scratched up my shift lever. . . luckily I had some left over Carbon Fiber vinyl wrap lying around, so I applied that to my lever. The wrap should hold up for a while and it looks pretty **** nice too!

PS - I haven't had my bike out on salty roads and I only road it in the rain 1 time last summer, so don't reply with either of those things causing the problem! Thanks!

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Cheap bike made with cheap parts. :D

Make sure to maintain her and give some wd-40 love on all her shiny bits every now n again.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ya, I went to adjust mine the adjustment nut is locked solid. Cheap parts too because I ended up tweaking the relay arm trying to bust it loose. I bent it back so it continued to move freely and then said piss on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.