Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some issues with shifting. At times when shifting to 1-2 it slips into neutral and i look like a dumb ass over reving. Also at times it seems like I am gridding going down thru the gears. I also have an issue with having to let of the clutch to shift into gear then down shift. Its odd, do you have similar problems?

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
Shift into first before the bike has stopped moving.

Should you have failed to do the above, rock the bike as you are trying to get it into first.

Shifting from first to second requires a tad longer throw on the lever. Being aware of the opportunity to over-rev is the first step in avoiding the problem. Preloading a light amount of pressure on the shift lever before operating the clutch may help you with this.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shift into first before the bike has stopped moving.

Should you have failed to do the above, rock the bike as you are trying to get it into first.

Shifting from first to second requires a tad longer throw on the lever. Being aware of the opportunity to over-rev is the first step in avoiding the problem. Preloading a light amount of pressure on the shift lever before operating the clutch may help you with this.
Will try that jsonder, and the oil change was just done after my first service to the above poster.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I second preloading the shifter and would like to add that 7-8,000 rpm seems to be the sweet spot for shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. You might be a little too timid because the shift is clunky at lower rpm's. Also, throttle off and back on just slightly as you pull the clutch lever slightly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts