Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you adjust the preload on the shock?

I'm finding that access is difficult and indirect and it looks like the only good way is to take off the rear tire and use a pin spanner or get a very long punch and start banging away. Is there a better way? Perhaps a special tool that would be helpful?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm a complete noob and it took me two minutes with the tools that came with the bike

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
There is a book under the seat.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read the little book under my seat so I know what adjustment to try, but when I tried I couldn't get at it with the wrench I have because everything is in the way. This is just a spanner wrench I have as I live in the undeveloped world and no tools were included with the bike. I tried to use a punch, but it wasn't long enough to get a good grip on and it would damage the shock. I suppose I got my answer in a round about way. A total noob used the wrench that came in his kit. Now all I need to do is find that wrench...

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I had to buy a standard pin spanner wrench from my dealer for $10...the handle is awful short and it usually takes me several tries before I manage to get it to catch and move the shock ...I have just came to the realization that unless i wear gloves I will always come out of an adjustment with grease on my knuckles from the chain........I have adjusted it up and down now several times...preset from factory is 2...mine is now on 4 and I am satisfied with it

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just came to the realization that I'd rather just cut to the chase and get the suspension I was going to end up with anyway. This bike isn't sprung for a dude my size. Even if it could eliminate the two inches of sag in the rear, the fork will sag even more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts