Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just ordered mine direct from Helm for $70.95 with shipping. Riding past my 600 mile valve check, though I did change the oil (and filter) to AMSOIL. Most posters have said the exhaust valves tightened up a bit when checked. I have no confidence in my selling dealer here in SW Florida, hence ordering the service manual for DIY maintenance. Wish me luck. I'll post my experience.

Anybody have any idea where or how I can get valve shims?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just ordered mine direct from Helm for $70.95 with shipping. Riding past my 600 mile valve check, though I did change the oil (and filter) to AMSOIL. Most posters have said the exhaust valves tightened up a bit when checked. I have no confidence in my selling dealer here in SW Florida, hence ordering the service manual for DIY maintenance. Wish me luck. I'll post my experience.

Anybody have any idea where or how I can get valve shims?
just call around some dealers.
mine had them in stock.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just ordered mine too. The manual will truly pay for itself on the 1st major job you do.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used the scanned manual from the other forum for the wiring diagram when I installed my gear indicator. It was very helpful but I struggled due to the quality of the scan. I agree that the manual from helm will be well worth it for seasoned and aspiring DIYers like myself.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just ordered mine too, $70.95 shipped. Cant wait for the .org to put up a clean copy, and I dont think he has access to a scanner since he took pics with a point an shoot, im not holding my breath. I wish they had a digital copy!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ordered mine last week. Helm called and said it will be a week or two before they are in stock. They don't charge the card until they ship it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thats good to know. I like working on my own things. I figure if I can work on 1.5 million dollar Rolls Royce engines in the navy... I can save some dollars turning a wrench lol.

I have a high speed sheet fed scanner. If someone would like to sacrifice a copy, I could cut the pages out and have a high quality, searchable pdf made.

Putting my deposit down on my cbr250r tomorrow.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would be able to do it, but I wont buy the manual until I am close to the 600 mile mark. I will change my own oil, and let them service it. After that, I plan on doing my own maintenance.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If I had access to a sheet feed scanner, I would scan it all up. Just to stick it to honda for taking so long to get us the dam thing.

If anyone needs any excerpt, I am more then willing to help, although my pics are no better then the copy on the .org forums.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts