Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I live in North Hollywood and I have been trying to find a local shop that would install the bazzaz unit with a slip on exhaust for me. So far no one is willing to do it since it is not a racing bike. I don't have to time or skill to install and map it myself, if any of you guys know any shops or people that could make it happen for me please post them here or PM me!:confused:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello, I live in North Hollywood and I have been trying to find a local shop that would install the bazzaz unit with a slip on exhaust for me. So far no one is willing to do it since it is not a racing bike. I don't have to time or skill to install and map it myself, if any of you guys know any shops or people that could make it happen for me please post them here or PM me!:confused:
i assume the slip-on is the issue since it's illegal... can you tell them it's for the track, have them install and set-up, then put the exhaust back on? when you get home you can put the slip-on back on yourself (i've heard it's not so hard...)

·
Registered
135 Posts
i assume the slip-on is the issue since it's illegal... can you tell them it's for the track, have them install and set-up, then put the exhaust back on? when you get home you can put the slip-on back on yourself (i've heard it's not so hard...)
Bazzaz controller comes with a jumper to switch between maps. Seems like a good case for that! Installing the controller is easy, tuning it requires a dyno or, in the case of the bazzaz, an autotuner (requires a wideband 02 sensor be installed in the header.)

I would hope any company that is an authorized reseller of a controller would install it, but CA laws may make them hesitant.

·
Registered
218 Posts
As of Jan.1, 2013 California has a motorcycle noise pollution law that
virtually all aftermarket mufflers do not comply with. Most dealerships
have stopped selling and installing them to avoid legal problems (unless
they are used for racing and not on the street).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts