Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
269 Posts
looks like an awesome ride. Also good to see you using the one leg down. Why not try the left leg? that way you can use your rear break and throttle to control speed on your starts and stops....for example......hill starts. You will need to use your rear break and throttle to enable a nicely controlled acceleration up the hill. Use of the left leg down not only helps with stability while at a stop but also frees up your right leg for your rear brake........"your rear break is your best friend at slow speeds". Hope this helps. Once I learned only my left leg goes down, I didn't find myself alternating between each leg and enforced a good habit that comes second nature.
i use the rear brake when coming to a stop but i always one foot with my right foot so i don't have to hold the clutch in the whole time i'm stopped. but you could stop on your left foot and then just shift over, i do that sometimes too

· Registered
269 Posts
there are a few factors to look at. i feel like i am more stable holding the bike on my right leg. i can see it both ways tho, it's good to have the bike in gear in case you need to move quickly. for me it's nice to have both hands free as there aren't too many times i'm stopped on a hill and need to hold a brake. braking with the rear does slow you down more, but i think the effects are negligible in a non-emergency braking situation. either way to each his own

and yeah that's me from a track day a couple years ago on the 600, i can't wait to get back out on the track it's been too long!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.