Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
4,284 Posts
looks like an awesome ride. Also good to see you using the one leg down. Why not try the left leg? that way you can use your rear break and throttle to control speed on your starts and stops....for example......hill starts. You will need to use your rear break and throttle to enable a nicely controlled acceleration up the hill. Use of the left leg down not only helps with stability while at a stop but also frees up your right leg for your rear brake........"your rear break is your best friend at slow speeds". Hope this helps. Once I learned only my left leg goes down, I didn't find myself alternating between each leg and enforced a good habit that comes second nature.

· Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Good points about changing feet. I always keep my bike in first at a light and only shift into neutral when the light is long or waiting for trains etc, therefore i'm not having to shift into gear when light changes. I already have my license so I don't have to play the "neutral game" when stopped as I have learned from this forum some must do in order to get their license. I guess its a matter of preference, if i'm going to use one leg to balance I prefere the left then i'm not switching back and forth. I too am verticlely challenged and only the tip of my toes touch the ground. I just lean the bike to the left a bit when stopped. At the end of the day we all do what works for us hey? Years ago when I took lessons the left leg is what was taught therefore I continue that practise to this day. Good thing is we all have an awesome bike and we ride. Keep the shiny side up!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.