Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm only 5"2' and I only shaved the seat and remove the two rubber stand closer to the tank.it made me confident when stopping on a light.still tippy toe though.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
No you shouldnt..
you are 5'3
you can reach the pegs.
you do not touch the ground while riding.

ppl who lower their bikes always want then back to normal after a month or so.

But if you do lower it, google an Aussie company called Krooztune (spelling)

·
Registered
175 Posts
i am 5.8 but tipped the front down for better handling, lower profile and sportier ergonomics and i am happy about it.
However, i do not recommend lowering the rear to anyone.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
In my opinion, for what it's worth, is to shave the seat or purchase a new deeper set one. That will give you the wee difference you need. I'm 5'5" and only my toes touch the ground but I donot find this an issue. When at a stop I always one-foot it anyways. As a previous poster said, you may want to raise the bike after awhile. Changing the seat will be less $$ as well

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
You will get used to it. Bikes light enough. In order to keep your front wheel straight when coming to a stop keep looking forward. The minute you look down as your slowing your risk of turning your front wheel which leads to it dropping, increases. By looking straight ahead you can just about guarantee keeping upright, regardless of the weight of the bike. Therefore the 1/2 in max. you may gain by lowering the bike for your sense of securityand confidence is nill. You shd be able to come to a complete stop and actually lean the bike to the left by one footing it and not be bothered. Cheers

·
Registered
78 Posts
i lowered the front an inch with the forks as soon as i got it home. it looks better, and handles better..

i would recommend anyone who wants to lower their bike do the "zip tie" test for a week before they do so. put a zip tie around each fork tube trim the excess and slide it all the way down till it touches the seal. ride the bike for a week or more. when you are ready to lower, the location of the zip tie is the lowest you can safely go. but i would still add 1/4 inch or so to that. if its not low enough for you, then you would need to add preload to the fork springs and fill with an extra 10mm of fluid and repeat the test.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I bought a used BMW F650 that was factory lowered. It killed the suspension travel, cornering clearance, and available load. It was ultimately the reason I sold the bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts