Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my NOS Teknic Chicane 1 piece leathers came in, fits real nice. But my junk is kind of squished/hanging out down there in a not so protected area. Am I supposed to wear some armor down there. Track day is May 17th, so I trying to get some ideas.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I suppose it's a personal choice to get one or not, but I personally don't wear one.

More importantly, do you have a back protector? I don't use it for daily use (I use the small thing that goes inside the jacket itself), but do wear a separate back protector on track days.

You'll want to check with the track day sponsor for all equipment requisites. There are usually some requirements when it comes to equipment.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has a SpineSheild CE level 2 back protector, so I wasn't going to use another one.

I was thinking smashed more than rashed or broken, so... I wonder if Marquez or Rossi wear one?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I wear nothing but summer skins and back protector under my one piece,

and like Rossi, I adjust the dangly bits for maximum airflow heading out pit lane.
cooling is paramount.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I do not wear one either, once you start leaning it might smash your junk even more. Nothing like trying to reach inside and get things straight while doing 180 KPH down the back straight.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
So my NOS Teknic Chicane 1 piece leathers came in, fits real nice. But my junk is kind of squished/hanging out down there in a not so protected area. Am I supposed to wear some armor down there. Track day is May 17th, so I trying to get some ideas.
Only if you plan on playing cricket between track sessions.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Don't worry about your gonads. It's the head, shoulders, knees i.e the 'permanent' sticky-out bits that will hurt if you bin it.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I like my nuts. I'd wear one, but a less rigid composite one so it was a bit flexible. More than likely though, there's not many situations when they'd get cracked. Then again, nothing like avoiding taking a handlebar to the balls. :p

·
Registered
477 Posts
Well, if you're wearing a rigid cup down there, what if the cup gets dislodged or misaligned as you're thrown off a bike? Instead of a bruised nuts, I'm thinking it's possible to get severed nuts.

·
Registered
73 Posts
No Cup Required.....

Your already going to be soaking wet down to your underwear brother...........unless you're thinking about "jumping" the bike?

Then you may want to trade in the CBR for an SXF !!!!. Motocross or Super cross, and yes a soft cup is advised! Ass and Hips pads as well.........

Then again, after seeing the bullfighter pictures, Im still shaking from the willies!!!

hahhhhahahahahah Woot WOot!

Cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts